FTA + Dish network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mzadorian

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Glendale
i have dish network, there are some foreign channels i want to view FTA, instead of buying a separate FTA system, can i program in the FTA channels into my dish receiver and use teh current dish network setup to view them. I have a ViP 722 receiver.

too bad, theres a foreign channel they charge 14.95 a month for, i can just get FTA and save that month fee and pay it one time, meanwhile getting other channels as well

That's what FTA is all about. - :D

What channel is it, and on what satellite?
You've apparently already done your homework.

Ya know, for the cost of a year's subscription, you can probably get all the hardware you need to watch that channel (and others) for years to come. - :cool:
We'd be happy to help you get started.

Most FTA channels are on Galaxy 19. You can get excellent prices on FTA receivers starting at $20. I used my old Superdish from Dishnetwork, removed original lnbs and attached a linear KU lnb and get all free channels on Galaxy 19.

The original super dish lnb has 3 lnbs for satellites. The lnb straight down the arm is fine for fta and works surprisingly well for free.

I took out the 121/119 lnb. This leaves a bracket with an open "U" design where the original dish combo lnb was removed. I placed an Invacom Quad QPH-031 inside that bracket. I now have 100% reception of Galaxy 19 and two linear outputs to two different receivers. Sometimes there is low prices on Ebay for the older Superdish ( 105/110/119 & 121/110/119) combo, because people sell them dirt cheap not knowing that the bracket can be replaced and a new lnb mod kit can be used.
Can also get 123 sat( whats left) and 129 sat (Whitespring Network). if I move the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)