fta dishnet and dtv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
i was trying to see the free dtv info channels like ch201 but all i can see is dishnetwork. using a dtv lbn. whats going on? whats the differences in there lbns and receivers? I'm in no way shape or form trying to see any other channels I'm a dishnetwork customer with there everything pack and wanted to peak at dtv info on there new receivers and programing info channels. i also noticed all the different channels i cannot get with dishnetwork. i think they are the Canada version of dishnet. I'm using a panasat 2700 with a motor dish and differant lbns. thanks for any help!

DirecTV do not use MPEG2 so there are no FTA channels on DTV :(

DTV does not use DVB so none of the FTA receivers out there will receive it. You need a DTV receiver and even then there's nothing free on there anyways.

Star Choice in Canada is similar.

Bell ExpressVu uses the same hardware as Dish Network. A lot of the audio-only channels are free as is Nasa TV and GolTV (on Dish only.. for some reason it's encrypted on ExpressVu).

ExpressVu has a several Canadian radio stations that are free.

Only free video channels on ExpressVu are 4 or 5 versions of thier channel 198 (think Dish 101....a "how to" channel). There are 30 radio stations from Canada that are free too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)