This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

FTA equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

droy2004

Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Houston TX
Being new to "FTA" but a self-installer of other systems, I have very little general knowledge as to if it's worth my money to buy & install both C & KU systems? What I don't know is the quality of channels available...most i see listed are religious & foreign language channels. I don't know anyone or have friends that use FTA systems, so no feed back there, i just want to know that I won't be getting a pig in a poke for my money? Any feed back is welcome.
Thanks

Well, I look at it as a hobby, more than as a way to watch TV. I'm not an avid TV guy. I read a lot, but I like sports and news feeds particularly baseball....! I'm also a retired electrician , specializing in communications, and for me, it's a great hobby. A motorized Ku dish is frequently the first step, but you could reverse that and get the cheap 6 foot C-band dish from Galaxy marketing to start out. For all it's "warts" that cheap little setup hauls in a lot of programming. If you're a big TV watcher, expect to be disappointed by what you WON"T find up there, but as an installer, you might find becoming a hobbyist both entertaining and enlightening.
Welcome to SatGuys ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.