FTA equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hunnter9

Original poster
Mar 8, 2019
Bartlett, Il.
Looking for recommendations for FTA satellite. I have a t55 terroidal dish from long ago but do not have a receiver. Anyone steer me in the right direction? I know everything is digital now. I'm hoping I can still get as many channels as I used to.

Looking for recommendations for FTA satellite. I have a t55 terroidal dish from long ago but do not have a receiver. Anyone steer me in the right direction? I know everything is digital now. I'm hoping I can still get as many channels as I used to.
You might go to the FTA Forum to get a better answer: Free To Air (FTA) Discussion

Reactions: comfortably_numb
:welcome to the forum hunnter9 We have a lot of resources here at Satellite guys. I'm sure you can find help for what you need. :)
I'll move your post to a better forum.

The Terroidal dish is not a great choice for a novice FTAer. It is a little small for a lot of signals. So it would be more difficult to work with. Some of the best FTA dishes are repurposed POS terminal dishes. Old Primestar service dishes are excellent. There are 90cm and 120cm metal dishes to be found on eBay. You probably want o good LNBF too. There are a few retailers the maintain a presence on the forum. They have contest and sales promotions frequently :)

Welcome to the site. I live in NE Indiana not to far away from you. We are here to help you out.

Welcome to the site. I live in NE Indiana not to far away from you. We are here to help you out.
Can you recommend a good dish and equipment? I used to have FTA all set up at a different house but have moved and now everything is digital. I used to have to install updates to receive premium channels. Is this still possible? Do you install? I can get everything installed on roof but do not know where to aim anymore. Thanks

I doubt you’ll get as many channels as were around, say 10-15 years ago, especially premiums. And C band is under pressure.

I’m not in the hobby, but perhaps someone can correct me about the availability of channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

hunnter9 what you are asking and talking about it HACKING and not FTA!
Yes, I know years ago people called it FTA because there were a number of FTA boxes that could be hacked to steal DISH Network and/or DirecTV.

What you need to know is this forum is highly against criminal acts such as this and we do not condone hacking of any kind.
If you want to do TRUE FTA we will be more than glad to help. If however, what you are after are main stream channels 24/7, you are going to have to pay for it like everyone else.
Perhaps you should look into Orby TV, if you are on a low income budget.

hunnter9 what you are asking and talking about it HACKING and not FTA!
Yes, I know years ago people called it FTA because there were a number of FTA boxes that could be hacked to steal DISH Network and/or DirecTV.

What you need to know is this forum is highly against criminal acts such as this and we do not condone hacking of any kind.
If you want to do TRUE FTA we will be more than glad to help. If however, what you are after are main stream channels 24/7, you are going to have to pay for it like everyone else.
Perhaps you should look into Orby TV, if you are on a low income budget.
I am not looking to hack anything. I used to get all local channels and many foreign channels as well and many many sports.

I am not looking to hack anything. I used to get all local channels and many foreign channels as well and many many sports.
That is great! Glad you no longer wish to do that! :)

I used to have to install updates to receive premium channels.
...cause whether you were aware or not, this was hacking.

I would for the the t90 and get a geosatpro 90cm if foreign channels is what you are after. Then you can point it to 97W.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.