FTA file downloads?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
What has happened to the manuals and firmware downloads, etc that used to be in the satellite FTA section?

I haven't seen them since the move. If they are there somewhere, I can't find them.

The links to those sub-forums were there for a while after the transition but they didn't work. I mentioned it in bug reports. Then the links were just gone. Don't know what happened.

DRCars

They are no longer available as there was no way to transfer them from the old software to the new software.

If you have a specific file you need let me know and I will try my best to find it for you. :)

They are no longer available as there was no way to transfer them from the old software to the new software.

If you have a specific file you need let me know and I will try my best to find it for you. :)

So, are you saying that you don't even have the ability to create a new FILES folder in the FTA forum so that people who have the ability can re-upload these to the new forum?

If so, that really sucks, and in my opinion is a horrible loss to all SatelliteGuys.

Thanks Scott, I've always thought the manuals section was a great resource and had been looking for it to give a little something back to the community, by adding a couple items I had come across. It's unfortunate those files were not able to be transferred but perhaps now would be a good time to start a new manuals section. Where would be the best place to start that?

Thanks,
Greg

If I had a staff member with free time, the could move stuff over by hand... but thats a lot of work.

One thing I would not host or bring over however would be firmware. To much messy stuff behind the scenes with companies claiming part of the source code for the x firmware was stolen from them and since that code has some of their code in it we don't have permission to host it... and then the firmware that has had the illegal crap in it which isnt there by default but is turned on easy with a few key presses.

I can understand the firmware situation. It would be nice to eventually have the various owners manuals and such back though.

If it is in fact possible for you to just create the forum/ file area for manuals and such, perhaps you can see how many people would re-post a bunch of it with no work required on your end beyond approval of any particular file.

Thanks!

It sounds like he is fine with the manuals and such, but doesn't want ANY of the firmware's so as to keep the site safe from being considered as aiding any piracy.

Scott, if you let me know how to bring the files over and what types of files not to bring over I can do it in my free time.
I'll keep an eye out for this, in-case you guys decide to do this, and add what I have at that time: a few manuals and interesting brochures from days-gone-by is what I have.
Thanks,
Greg

Your Welcome Guys!!!
Yep it took some doing, but there they are and I hope if anyone has anything not on the list, to post them in the open sticky thread in that forum.
Nice to have a place where everything is in one place when you come across a piece of equipment with no documentation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts