fta hd programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bulbman2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
now that there are more hd receivers available- where can I find out how much hd programming is out there on fta

You can scan the charts over at Lyngsat, but you won't find much. PBS HD and Outdoor channel HD are on 24/7, and I think Movie Central is as well. The most things that you're going to find in HD aren't listed (feeds, etc.). Unforunately, I can't think of any HD capable receivers that have a blind scan to search out channels.

hd programming

why is there a lot of excitement over fta hd receivers if there is still limited programming, unless you are going to pay for hd thru a provider??

John

why is there a lot of excitement over fta hd receivers if there is still limited programming, unless you are going to pay for hd thru a provider??

John

Besides the obvious nefarious purposes, we are thinking " If you build it , they will come". As HD receivers are available, so then maybe we'll see more programming. Even 1280x720 HD looks pretty GOOD!
:)

John
HD is sooooo... much better than the rest. I should ask you, why are you not excited? Even for 1 ku HD channel, like PBS?

Al

I'm interested in a HD box so I can watch the 4:2:2 stuff (SD or HD).

Any HD content is just gravy. It seems that everything is going HD. The remote uplinks will likely be going HD too. Its just a matter of time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)