fta help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mavrick

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
hi i have been reading a lot on this forum and am interested in trying to setup a fta system. what type of channels can you get. can you get the same type of channels like dish or direct. like hbo showtime etc. what is a good box to buy at a cheap price. and will they work on a dishnetwork dish at a fixed position. thanks for any help

hi i have been reading a lot on this forum and am interested in trying to setup a fta system. what type of channels can you get.
check out www.global-cm.net
There is a spot called MPEG2 and there are various lists depending on how big of a dish you have. Minimum is 30"

can you get the same type of channels like dish or direct. like hbo showtime etc.
no
will they work on a dishnetwork dish at a fixed position. thanks for any help

you can get some unencrypted channels like NASA and Angel One with a Dish dish but you really need a 30" or larger dish and a KU Band LNB

Mavrick, I was a long time dish sub, but after I got into FTA, I found I enjoyed it more and more and eventually it lead to me cancelling my dish sub. Not because I could get the same channels, but because I watched FTA stuff more and more.

The only warning I have is now that it is summer, I find myself tinkering and experimenting more and more and watching less and less. It's alot of fun and IMO pretty inexpensive to get involved in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)