FTA in Central America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

berbobelpa

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I live in northern Panama (Central America) and wish to buy and install a MPEG2/FTA system, Fortec or Satmark 3688 with 100cm dish.
It appears that I would only be able to capture signals from Telstar 12 and Hispasat 1C. Is this correct or could I capture anymore Ku band Satellites?
Is the size of dish (100cm)appropriate for my area??Should I go for a dual LNB or a motorized system??
Since I could only receive a few channels from both of these satellites, what would be the additional cost for receiving and vieuwing some encrypted channels (I am mainly interested in European and US news channels)
Thank you and regards,
berbo

If you are only hooking up one receiver there is no need for the dual LNB. I would get the system first before you get a motor to make sure you are getting enough programming to make it worthwhile. Also being so far south your dish will be more or less pointing straight up into the sky, so I would consider a prime focus dish rather than an offset dish. About 100cm sounds good for KU, I am sure you will get more than just the satellites you mentioned, a quick scan of lyngsat shows a few more satellites and channels pointing your way. As for pay channels I would look into SkyMexico if available in you part of the world or any other local satellite service as there is no way to get pay channels with the Fortec or Satwork receivers, good luck and I hope some of the other members with experience in this area will chip in and help.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum. Please keep us up to date with your exploits so we can help the next member from your area!

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your quick realistic reply and insights.
Regards,
Berbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)