FTA in the US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
please reread what you wrote above before correcting someone ;)

as put above
ABC LISTING
( Galaxy 28 Ku Band )

ABC Now ( News )
According To Jim
AFV - America's Funniest Home Videos
All My Children
The Bachelorette
Boston Legal
Brothers & Sisters
<snip>

the only thing on G28 of the group is abcnews now. The rest are on G18 :)

Looks like MaxBit gave up on this thread. (and forum)
So, we're all talking to the wind. :(

Too bad. He might have liked some of the later comments.

WOW! This is a wonderful thread with plenty of useful information. I haven't even got an FTA system set up just yet but I did purchase a receiver a few weeks ago. Finding all of this information makes me feel like purchasing that 90cm dish I have been looking at would be justified. Plus, I like tinkering around with things like this and would probably find it rewarding. I also like the idea of some of the big four networks (I enjoy following the news from different parts of the country). Call me weird but I often watch the news in a local market different than my own on DISH (distant network subscriber that has become interested in the San Francisco area since I can no longer LEGALLY subscribe to Los Angeles).

Can you find NASCAR, football, or wrestling on FTA? (I know Smackdown can probably be found somewhere on the CW network). I will not be putting up six foot dish but I'm assuming I could get at least the big four through the 90cm?

Cade

WOW! This is a wonderful thread with plenty of useful information. I haven't even got an FTA system set up just yet but I did purchase a receiver a few weeks ago. Finding all of this information makes me feel like purchasing that 90cm dish I have been looking at would be justified. Plus, I like tinkering around with things like this and would probably find it rewarding. I also like the idea of some of the big four networks (I enjoy following the news from different parts of the country). Call me weird but I often watch the news in a local market different than my own on DISH (distant network subscriber that has become interested in the San Francisco area since I can no longer LEGALLY subscribe to Los Angeles).

Can you find NASCAR, football, or wrestling on FTA? (I know Smackdown can probably be found somewhere on the CW network). I will not be putting up six foot dish but I'm assuming I could get at least the big four through the 90cm?

Cade

Never mind part of my last statement. I looked over the list and found a few FOX, MyNetwork, and ABC networks on KU-band. I even found an 80's station! :D

We got more TV on FTA than we can watch here. We love it.
It ain't for everybody, sort of like growing your own food or your making your own wine.
Once a week we hit the local library and pick up some movies.

It's not a question of money but I was in the cable biz for 15 yrs. and wouldn't give em' a penny. All they do is sit around and make fun of their customers.
They also sent my job to India.

There is some nice LEGAL stuff on free-to-air. I like to watch NASA, CSPAN, RTN, and local channels I guess what most people consider boring. Of course you are not going to find Discovery or any of those premium channels for free. Why would people pay Dish Network or DirecTV if there was a way to get those channels for free? Would not make sense. I remember the good old days of wild feeds. That was awesome. Tv shows, unedited news, sports without commercials. Too bad all of that is gone nowadays. People started braging about it and posting videos on the internet and then the companies started scrambling the content. I guess all good things must come to an end. :(

I remember the good old days of wild feeds. That was awesome. Tv shows, unedited news, sports without commercials. Too bad all of that is gone nowadays.
there is still alot of stuff up there that are "wild feeds"

People started braging about it and posting videos on the internet and then the companies started scrambling the content.
:up:up agreed

wow, what a great forum and informative posting with all the channels and programming listed here, now I have to work at getting all those "new" FTA channels. I was hoping to relax this weekend after working a VERY CRAZY week, now I'll be playing with my Conaxsat all weekend.

My sister has an old BUD she isn't using any longer and has given it to me. All I need to do now is locate and install an actuator for that, and I'll be ready to start watching TV again. I haven't played with C band since Black Sunday.

Thanks guys for making my week , and weekend , something to look forward too.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)