FTA IN WASHINGTON STATE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
Hi Guys: It's been a long time since I've been here. I plan on moving to Washington State soon, specifically the Port Angeles area. It's near the Canadian border and separated by the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Does anyone know if I'll be able to get FTA there? Will I need a giant dish? Any input is very appreciated. Thanks!!

www.satbeams.com Look up some footprints you get now and compare the strength to that at the new location. If =, should be the same there as your present location. No "giant dish"(es) unless you want to add a BUD for C band.

Originally from the NW and been to Port Angeles many times. Other than the tall fir trees and mountain ranges, nothing should prevent you from enjoying a free to air system in the region. That area has some micro climates andshadows that minimize heavy weather and will greatly affect the amount of precipitation. If you will be shopping for property, take a while to talk with the locals and look for favorable property that will give maximum view of the arc.

Good luck with the move!

Thanks for the input everyone. Hoping to avoid a directv bill after the move. I still have my dish and coosat receiver. Now to get everything to work.

Thanks for the input everyone. Hoping to avoid a directv bill after the move. I still have my dish and coosat receiver. Now to get everything to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts