FTA List Update of Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WH07

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2015
United States
Hello everyone. I was wonder if the "FTA List" on this forum was up to date. I just purchased a Ku band satellite system and receiver based off of the list of channels I found on lyngsat, which says that it was last updated on May 6th 2015. The reason I ask is because there are two channels I am really wanting to get, though I won't name them here.

97w ku is the best ku satellite to get its pretty much up to date what channels are you wanting to get? 36" dish amiko mini hd and a linear pll lnb should be a good starting kit.

Hello everyone. I was wonder if the "FTA List" on this forum was up to date. I just purchased a Ku band satellite system and receiver based off of the list of channels I found on lyngsat, which says that it was last updated on May 6th 2015. The reason I ask is because there are two channels I am really wanting to get, though I won't name them here.

Welcome to SatGuys, WHO7!

If the channels that you're wondering about are listed on Lyngsat, then you can talk about them here. If they're not listed on Lyngsat, Sathint, etc, then no.

97w ku is the best ku satellite to get its pretty much up to date what channels are you wanting to get? 36" dish amiko mini hd and a linear pll lnb should be a good starting kit.
I was wanting to get Retro TV and Rev'n. I just purchased a Geosatpro 36" dish with a LNB that's a PLL type and a Geosatpro MicroHD today. I have been doing a lot of research and I like the features of the MicroHD without networking features. I really wanted an all-in-on FTA, IPTV and an ATSC tuner, but I really couldn't find a box I liked. I thought about just building my on MythTV/Kodi system with all USB DVB-S and ATSC tuners, but it looks like it would be a lot of hassle to set everything up.

Thanks! I actually remember seeing this about a month ago because I ended up setting up filter on excel. Well if it is up to date then it looks like I'm good.

I was wanting to get Retro TV and Rev'n. I just purchased a Geosatpro 36" dish with a LNB that's a PLL type and a Geosatpro MicroHD today. I have been doing a lot of research and I like the features of the MicroHD without networking features. I really wanted an all-in-on FTA, IPTV and an ATSC tuner, but I really couldn't find a box I liked. I thought about just building my on MythTV/Kodi system with all USB DVB-S and ATSC tuners, but it looks like it would be a lot of hassle to set everything up.

Both those channels are there and you should be able to get them with a 36'' dish. You could try manually entering the transponder and then scanning for them, that might do it.

Menu on the remote and then TP List within the Installation menu, in there press the green button on the remote to add a TP [the audio button], put in the specs, for freq 12115, symbol rate 22425 and polarity V, save and then use the blue button [Media button] on the remote to scan the TP you just added.

Could be you're a little off on alignment of the dish too, maybe. There's about 300 ITC stations on 97W Ku, about how many stations are you scanning in? When you scan make sure you're doing blind scan too, not pre-programmed TPs.

Both those channels are there and you should be able to get them with a 36'' dish. You could try manually entering the transponder and then scanning for them, that might do it.

Menu on the remote and then TP List within the Installation menu, in there press the green button on the remote to add a TP [the audio button], put in the specs, for freq 12115, symbol rate 22425 and polarity V, save and then use the blue button [Media button] on the remote to scan the TP you just added.

Could be you're a little off on alignment of the dish too, maybe. There's about 300 ITC stations on 97W Ku, about how many stations are you scanning in? When you scan make sure you're doing blind scan too, not pre-programmed TPs.

Yeah my system shipped today I just got worried I wouldn't be able to receive those channels. I actually thought about getting a 120 cm dish and adding some extenders on it to do a mini BUD for C band, but my thought is now to just stick with KU. There are so many old C-band satellites out there I could just probably remove one from somebody's yard for free to get those channels no available on KU band I want.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Ah, so you don't have it set up yet. You should have no problem getting those, I have a old Slimline dish here picking them up with 70%Q and I've picked them up before on a 18'' even. A 36'' should be fine, especially with a PLL LNB.

Ah, so you don't have it set up yet. You should have no problem getting those, I have a old Slimline dish here picking them up with 70%Q and I've picked them up before on a 18'' even. A 36'' should be fine, especially with a PLL LNB.
Awesome! I can't wait to get it in and get it setup.

Reactions: . Raine
Yeah my system shipped today I just got worried I wouldn't be able to receive those channels. I actually thought about getting a 120 cm dish and adding some extenders on it to do a mini BUD for C band, but my thought is now to just stick with KU. There are so many old C-band satellites out there I could just probably remove one from somebody's yard for free to get those channels no available on KU band I want.
:welcome to Satellite Guys WH07! Glad to have you aboard. Agree it is better to go with an older, bigger (hopefully free :rolleyes:) dish if possible. You will be much happier with the performance and number of channels available vs a mini. Again, welcome!:)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys WH07 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts