FTA MOTORIZED DISH INSTALL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dobiegillis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
illinois
I am new at this and need advice from someone who knows! I have successfully been able to capture and program to stop on satellites on one side of the arc from amc 3, 87 degree west, to galaxy 27, 129 degree west, and am getting strong signals, but can't find a thing from 84 degrees west to 72 degrees west. What am i doing wrong? What do i need to tweak? Can someone help this dummy?

Are there any obstructions in your line of sight in that direction? Trees, mountains, edge of roof, etc? The only other thing I can think of is, maybe your lat/long info in the USALS setup needs to be tweaked a little. Or maybe the dish just needs a little adjusting on the pole(rotating east or west a tiny amount)

No, There's not any trees or any type of obstruction. I don't have the usals setup. It's DisEqC 1.2. I have been manually searching for live transponders, then i set their position.

I would recommend that you enter the site's Longitude and Latitude into the receiver using the USALS mode and let the receiver control the motor. Then adjust the motor on the post and the elevation setting of the dish to peak the Signal Quality.

DiSEqC 1.2 is not a very "NEWBIE FRIENDLY".

Like Turbosat suggested, the aiming may be slightly off.... It is possible to receive one side of the arc and not the opposite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts