FTA Motorized, Invacom, fence mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techboss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
This is my first post at satelliteguys, although I have been lurking around the forums for quite sometime. Thanks to you all, I was able to get to this point.

Equipment: Motorized FTA system with Invacom Quad Polar LNB

- Fence mount (Initial pole mount did not work very well)
- T5/IA5 is true south
- Motor: Stab HH90
- Dish Type: 30” Fortecstar
- Receiver used: Pansat 2500A

Note: I do not watch much TV, so a lot of my testing is based on documented FTA channel listing.

Birds with Signal (Focus mostly on signal and arc, not so much the content); All satellite using USALS.

IA7 – Signal ok, but could not get White Springs TV, tp 11987 would not bring in.
G13 – Signal ok, but no FTA on this bird
G10R - Quite a few stations here
Echo9 – Linear bird; Signal strong; encrypted dishnet channels. No FTA
Echo7 – Circular bird, but Linear LNB will can get channels as well; Signal strong; encrypted dishnet channels. Some Audio on the clear. NASA.
Echo8/10 – Circular bird; Signal strong; encrypted dishnet channels. No FTA
AMC15 – Have not tested
AMC1 – No signal
AMC4 – Signal ok
T6/IA5 – Signal ok, this is the best bird for ethnic content. FYI: NTD is a free channel that the China government tries to censor.
G3C – Signal ok, CCTV4/9/E&F, the rest garbage.
IA6 – Signal ok, best for news feeds / blind scan.
Nimiq1 – Circular Bird, Signal strong, encrypted expressvu channels. No FTA
G11 – Signal ok, but nothing here
IA8 – Have not tested
AMC3 – Signal ok, but No PBS (Why?), I even added PBS’s tp. Could it be due to my 30” dish size and being in Canada?
AMC9 – Have not tested
Nimiq2 - Circular Bird, Signal strong, encrypted expressvu channels. No FTA
AMC5 – Signal ok
AMC6 – Have not tested
Echo3 (61.5W) – Signal ok, encrypted dishnet channels. No FTA. Furthest bird.

Question:

When using 4-1 diseqc the motor seem to get confused and move back and forth just like it has “no brains”. I have to enter the installation menu and force it to cycle through various tp to have it stable on the specific bird. The following config have been tested and same results with the motor.

(A) Diseqc between LNB and Motor, Only 2 inputs on the diseqc used (L and C)
(B) Diseqc between Motor and receiver, Only 2 inputs on the diseqc used (L and C)

Diseqc used is a digiwave 4-1 diseqc that has the label “Power Passing: 500mA”. Once I have the diseqc removed and have the wire pass through directly from Receiver to motor then to LNB, things work better and motor can move better and smoother.

I currently have a temporary fix with A/B switch controlling Linear and Circular birds. This is not the best solution, but for the sake of the motor movement, this is the best now.

Could someone suggest maybe a different type of Diseqc that would do a better job? A special kind of switch?

Thanks

Attachments

• themotorized.jpg
    themotorized.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
If you only have the two lines to switch between, a 22Khz switch is nice. Don't have to configure any ports, just ON or OFF. I got one from Sadoun that has their name on it and it seems to be pretty heavy duty. All ports on it face the same direction, so you can mount it outside and have them all face downward.

welcome :wave

I know there are a few members here from Winnipeg so hopefully they can chim in. I'm in MN and can get most everything from 61.5 over to 148

AMC1 is screwy. The skew is off by like 25 degrees so the only thing you might be able to get is Pentagon channel.

I use a 2 way DMSi DiSEqC switch on my Invacom QPH-031 with no problems.

Das Hammer said:
If you only have the two lines to switch between, a 22Khz switch is nice. Don't have to configure any ports, just ON or OFF. I got one from Sadoun that has their name on it and it seems to be pretty heavy duty. All ports on it face the same direction, so you can mount it outside and have them all face downward.

Thanks Das,

Do you mean this http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/S-SM21H-2-way-switch.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)