FTA Newbie Questions and confusion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odinbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
central NY
FTA, will it have like NBC, CBS, ABC primetime and NBC SAT Night Live? Looks like C band might have some "fair" stuff to watch, so KU bolt on unit for the corotor can maybe come spring when not so cold. (link I see FTA programming::: Free TV from United States - LyngSat )
Also can I clarify some newbie brain farts? The New FTA Rcvr will be slaved to the dsr922, the FTA uses the 922 to position 10' dish?.... or , "I" position dish and FTA receives, Blind searches, etc for avail feeds?
the 922 has loads of Tiles/sats, does the fta also have it's Tiles?
Last, All our available sats ARE NOT PROGRAMMED into the 922, just maybe 3-5 now because mainly there was nothing to watch on anything but W-3 & W-5 (G-1). I see inline gadjets that "meter-in" sat signals, is this something I also need to consider for easy tuning?
Hate to sound confused, but am, please bear with me... I feel it's gonna be like the old days, "moving the rabbit ears and tuning the radio/tv dial to pull an analog signal" lol
Cheers. and thanks for any help.
odin

yes, fta has nbc,cbs,abc,pbs., just not all on the same sat. Slave the fta to 922 to control the polarity (Vertical/Horizontal) of the corotor and to move the dish. No tiles, but Satellite/transponder list, and the FTA Receiver should have it's own sat meter on-screen to help you in the fine turning. Hope this is the info you were looking for.

Ordered the SLAVE KIT and Sathawk PVP800 FTA today

What if you do not subscribe to NPS ?
We get our W5 from SLR/skyvision
Is my dsr922 a sitting duck from motorola on the 26th too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.