DSR 4800/ 4810 Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
I read the following quote in the 4DTV section.

"They tune standard DVBS mpegII and with a HHD1100 you can also watch 4:2:0 4:2:2 SD and HD".

Is this accurate? I didn't think they could do 4.2.2. Other than azbox what could I buy that does 4.2.2.?

I read the following quote in the 4DTV section.

"They tune standard DVBS mpegII and with a HHD1100 you can also watch 4:2:0 4:2:2 SD and HD".

Is this accurate? I didn't think they could do 4.2.2. Other than azbox what could I buy that does 4.2.2.?

Yes.
I have the Digitrans DTE-7150. Same receiver as the 4810. They do DVB 4:2:0 and 4:2:2, DCII, and with the HDD-1000 decoder, HD of those same formats.

is the HHD1100 some kind of module that you have to install? Google is not helping me much on it.
Thanks,
Kodaz

The HDD-1000 is a standalone decoder which is connected to the DSR-4800/Digitrans via ASI using a BNC cable. It is a separate piece of equipment.

yes its true. I have a 7150 (same thing) and just verified today that it does 4:2:2. Got the GDMX mux on 99W tuned in fine. Wont do HD as is but will do 4:2:2

Hmm, they're not giving those away are they? (Digitrans DTE-7150)

worked a little more with it and it will do AC-3 in most cases. :)
Had those DMX stations playing just fine on it

The Digitrans 7150 is a wonderful and very versatile receiver. Pairing it up with an external decoder via the ASI connection greatly increases its capabilities. There is also a 7100, which is the similar to the 7150, but without internal 4:2:2 decoding capability. Functionally, they are basically identical. These units are commonly found in SNG trucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)