FTA noob looking for local Houston dealer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

parabolico

Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Houston TX
hi guys. i want to take the plunge into the FTA hobby and would like to know of local dealers in the Houston TX area, preferably someone with a show room so i can actually get to see the equipment live. google and yellow pages only bring installers. i have also heard of some dealers at the local flea markets but my searches have yielded nothing. i suspect there might be dealers in the southwest bellaire/harwin area due to number of FTA dishes at homes and appartments from the south asian community there. appreciate the help :)

I hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but I know here in the New Orleans area if you call a satellite dealer and even mention FTA you are branded a hacker. I called a store in New Orleans looking for a Ku dish when I first started, first thing they asked was I trying for E* for free. :(

Best thing you can do IMO is tell us what you are looking to get, and we'll put something together for you you can order and install yourself. If you can change the oil in your car you can install a Ku system yourself. One of our gold sponsors here, Satellite AV, sells all kinds of nice setups, you cannot go wrong dealing with them, good folks. :up

I hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but I know here in the New Orleans area if you call a satellite dealer and even mention FTA you are branded a hacker. I called a store in New Orleans looking for a Ku dish when I first started, first thing they asked was I trying for E* for free. :(

Best thing you can do IMO is tell us what you are looking to get, and we'll put something together for you you can order and install yourself. If you can change the oil in your car you can install a Ku system yourself. One of our gold sponsors here, Satellite AV, sells all kinds of nice setups, you cannot go wrong dealing with them, good folks. :up
i just want a basic system with motorised dish for basic KU blindsearch . i was looking into used pansat 2500a from ebay or new fortec star mercury II , i was looking at the fortec on Sadoun but i prefer to get equipment locally if possible, the UPS service in my neighborhood is terrible. i know there are dealers in San antonio and laredo, places i visit often, but if i can find equipment without a road trip the better.

If you can locate what you want, try to find a dealer you can phone>most will let you choose your
delivery-shipper. I know about the bad UPS/FEDEX experiences, and if I need something now, I demand it be delivered Signature Required. Better chance of getting it delivered to the right house.

awsome, exactly what i was looking for. and not too far way either :up thx
turbosat said:
If you can locate what you want, try to find a dealer you can phone>most will let you choose your
delivery-shipper. I know about the bad UPS/FEDEX experiences, and if I need something now, I demand it be delivered Signature Required. Better chance of getting it delivered to the right house

ill have to give that a try. i have had mostly unpleasant experiences with UPS,DHL, and Fedx "missing me" actually not bothering to get out of truck and ring bell. and their docks are just so far away. if i cant get something USPS i rather self pickup. ill try to check out some of the local equipment but im leaning towards Sadoun from all the positive feedback here.

Hi...would you mind telling me where is the dealer in San Antonio? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)