FTA question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
I am considering a FTA system. I am mostly interested in wild news feeds.
Do you catch many live or wild news feeds on the MPEG2 FTA systems?

Thanks

Hello welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

Certainly can, I have a dedicated dish for just such news feeds........if its news its LIVE on FTA satellite! We are talking a 24/7 camera shot from Rome during the recent Pope's passing, live car chases, bears stuck up trees......... you get the idea!

Add a cheapo analog receiver and there are more news and sports feeds there : )

But its not all fun and games, I have seen some things on FTA satellite that I wish I had not!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply PSB!

I've been reading the posts over the past few days, but couldn't hammer down the answer to that specific question.

More specifically, do the $189-$240 MPEG2 FTA systems receive these wild news feeds, and if so how hard are they to find? Is there a satellite the local, national, news people use, etc.

Thanks again for the quick answer. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in one of those little gadgets :D

Even the cheapest of systems gets all the channels, but you want to get a half decent one with AC3 audio and USALS, I use the FortecStar Lifetime Ultra, but the guys here are raving about the new Coolsat Pro.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63321

All the network channels are up there, and a few news channels ONN, CNN Headline News, ABC News now.... (bad feed right now) we even had Fox news up until a few months ago.

You can do it and we are all here to help!

Even if you get a motor (highly recommended) I would start without it and bag a few satellites then add it! No shame in that, I started that way!

I like 'IA-6' for live news feeds, but there are a few more key satellites, but if you can get a dish setup on this one satellite you would be VERY happy!

Cool PSB,

Thanks again for the info. That's pretty much all I would be intrested in, since I get all of the 24 hour news channels through cable.

I'll look into the COOLSAT PRO a little more then. It's a pretty cool looking receiver.

If anyone else has info, suggestions, or good 'wild feed' story, let me know!

...and I'll start saving my pennies!

U R Welcome!

The BEST feed I have ever come across was a LIVE soccer game from my home town soccer team. Glasgow Celtic FC. It just does not get any better than that!

Woohoo, Soccer, by the way, I just got GOL tv last night as I am beginning to track the Arc Eastward from G10.. FTA is great.. Looking forward to next season's soccer.

PSB said:
Add a cheapo analog receiver and there are more news and sports feeds there : )

I live in an apartment with a balcony, and should have enough clearance for the FTA dish. You mention that I could get more news feeds with an analog receiver...do I have to have a larger dish? Will the analog LNB fit on the FTA dish?

There has been steady video coverage outside the courthouse on the MJ trial in CA. Lots of other news feeds.

Hey thanks ALEC...your making me jealous! :smug

Do you get a lot of live remotes from local news outlets? Anything else unusual?

there is a lot of news feeds out there.....some stations use microwave feeds, but alot still use the old satellite truck :)

I always scan a couple satellites around 7 Central to see the west coast ones :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)