FTA Receiver + OTA Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jumpoff_97

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Is there any receiver that is Free to Air Receiver which also has a built in HD tuner to pick up local Over the Air channels?

The only one I know of is the Coolsat 8000 HD which is $400+.

Any cheaper ones than that?

Thanks.

Why not pick up a VooM box for HD OTA channels? They're only going for around a hundred bucks or less, then you are not tied down to one specific manufacturer for your DVB box in case you ever want to change DVB boxes.

I was told that the Voom box will reset and be unusable if it's put on PBS, how much truth to this?
rdel

I was told that the Voom box will reset and be unusable if it's put on PBS, how much truth to this?
rdel

sort of. The box will reboot (like a dish box would do) but will not reset everything. I have a PBS channel (secondary one) that will do it sometimes but wont nuke the box. It just cycles through like I unplugged the box and plugged back in

sort of. The box will reboot (like a dish box would do) but will not reset everything. I have a PBS channel (secondary one) that will do it sometimes but wont nuke the box. It just cycles through like I unplugged the box and plugged back in

Hmm, I've never had this happen.

If you do a master reset from the menu, you are definitely out of luck though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)