new amiko receiver shows nothing on hdmi

w5kub

Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
Tennessee
I have a new amiko fta receiver. took it out of box, connected to monitor via hdmi. I get nothing on the monitor. all i can see on the receiver itself is a clock, or 4 dash lines. it will turn on and off via remote control but i can not get any thing on the monitor. It is NOT hooked to an lnb yet but i assume i should at least be seeing some form of menu or set up screen. is this normal?

I have a new amiko fta receiver. took it out of box, connected to monitor via hdmi. I get nothing on the monitor. all i can see on the receiver itself is a clock, or 4 dash lines. it will turn on and off via remote control but i can not get any thing on the monitor. It is NOT hooked to an lnb yet but i assume i should at least be seeing some form of menu or set up screen. is this normal?

Welcome to Satellite Guys. I haven't used an Amiko for a while but I think there was a button on the remote called V Format or V Mode. Have you tried pressing that and waiting a few seconds between presses to see if a video mode comes up that your display will recognize. Maybe before that try a new HDMI cable.

Thanks, i finally got it working. i think there was a button on the remote for tv/sat that did it. Back in the 70s,80s, I homebrewed c band systems and had a lot of fun with them but over the years, moving, and cable tv replaced the big dish. Now wanting to experiment with the small dish ku systems. thanks for the reply.