FTA Receiver with an ASI Data output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Does anyone know of a FTA receiver that will output ASI that is cheaper than the commercial PowerVu D9850 and Motorola DSR-4402x?

I would also like one that can handel Disecq commands.

Let me know if you know of any,

Wholeshoe

there are commercial units, like the 1U recievers that Pete has on his website.. I am sure at least one of those has ASI out..

Does the DSR-4402x decode DVB? I thought that was DC/DC2?

Another question is, what do you have that uses ASI? does your ATSC tuner read it? (I have used commercial ones, I dont know if retail ones can do it) or are you trying to use a QAM transcoder or ASI Multiplexer?

in checking, both the Coship CDVB2000M and CDVB5110G on PSBs site have ASI out.. They both can be had for under $400

Yes the DSR-4402x will do both DVB and Digicipher, we use them all the time at work.

Thanks for the info on the Coships, my next questions is is the asi out on them just a single channels stream or is it the whole transponders worth. In the professional works this would be the difference between a DSR-4402x and a DSR-4400MD.

Wholeshoe

since the reciever has you select a channel, it would seem to be a single channels worth

it seems as if coship also makes a CI version of these recievers, if that is necessary

As for the DVB capabilities of the 4402, I was unaware.. we always use the Powervus for DVB, and the motorolas for DC/DC2

Yeah it is neat that it does either DVB or DCII. I had one pluged in the other day and tuned in Fuse on IA13 DVB clear with it.

Do you work for a cable company?

Wholeshoe

Yep, small little MSO in connecticut, aptly named "Eastern Connecticut Cable TV".. I actually work for the HSD side of things, but I get my feet wet in headend operations whenever possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts