FTA Receivers with One-Touch (or Quick Access) Channel Modification?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Just curious if any FTA receivers currently on the market have some form of one-touch or quick access channel modification (delete, rename, etc.) feature. With the Pansat 3500SD, for example, I need to go into a couple of menus in order to rename or delete a channel, so I'm curious if there exists a receiver that allows such functions to be quickly accessed and performed on the fly while scrolling through channels. In other words, I'm curious if there's a receiver with which pressing some type of function key on the remote while scrolling through channels will allow the presently selected channel to be deleted, renamed, and so on.

Thanks!

The only receiver that has something close to it is the Captiveworks. You press “OK” to bring up your channel list, then red button for “edit” and you can delete, move and I think rename the channels

I don’t think any of my other boxes have channel deleting unless you go into the menus

The Fortec Mercury II has a button on the remote titled "edit". When you are on a channel and press that button you can then:
1) add that channel to a favorites list
2) lock that channel
3) delete that channel
4) skip that channel
5) rename that channel
6) set that channels offset volume level

drhydro said:
The Fortec Mercury II has a button on the remote titled "edit". When you are on a channel and press that button you can then:
1) add that channel to a favorites list
2) lock that channel
3) delete that channel
4) skip that channel
5) rename that channel
6) set that channels offset volume level

Cool...excatly the features that I was trying to describe. The ability to edit & delete channels on the fly without having to go into a menu seems like a very handy feature and big time saver...you would think that more manufacturers would incorporate this into the design of their receivers.

Kind of off-topic, but on the Mercury II, if you delete the last (or only) channel associated with a particular TP, is that TP erased from memory as well, or does it stay in the TP list but without any associated channels?

Another nice thing i like with the Mercury II is when you are deleting channels you can see what is playing on the channel you are deleting. My pansat doesnt do that.

drhydro said:
Another nice thing i like with the Mercury II is when you are deleting channels you can see what is playing on the channel you are deleting. My pansat doesnt do that.

I've got a couple boxes that do that (Coolsat 5000 & KUSat 2600). Wish my Pansat would do that too

drhydro said:
The Fortec Lifetime Classic NA lets you see whats playing in the channel manager screen where you delete/rename/move channels.

I really wish you hadn't posted all the other features of the Mercury II :) Now you've got me thinking that maybe I should move my less than 2 months old Fortec to the little RV and get a new Mercury II for my main receiver. If this keeps up I'll have to get another job just to pay for the satellite stuff :D

hwh said:
If this keeps up I'll have to get another job just to pay for the satellite stuff :D
Ahhh, the joys of "F"TA ;)

You know you're hooked when you can't wait until you get paid, because getting paid = more satellite gear :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts