FTA satellite system bundle questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brandon Currin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Lexington, Tennessee
I'm new face on the FTA field, but I have been reading and looking for a few months now. I'm trying to find a bundle or kit that has the receiver,dish,LNB, and a motor plus all the wires and instructions and such.

I live out in the country near the river and have a fixed budget of no more then $250.00 for the system, there is already aold Directv Dish pole left over from a previous tenant, so mounting the motor and dish would be easy(for the most part)but I seem to not be able to find me a kit or bundle that is not a cheap knock off or seem to appear that way, any help is appreciated.
I read that the receiver needs to be programmed, do i need internet to do such things and depending on the receiver what is the method for programing and by what connection cable is used?

As a for mention, I have looked over the lists and am kinda confused on one thing, I want to get the networks as OTA is unavailable in my area, these include ABC,FOX,CBS,NBC and the like but besides the christian channels,which are not important to me, are there any movie channels, like the FX channel on directv and dish and maybe some of the DISCOVERY network channels like hstory,biography, and science channels.

I understand that this is not like a paid service and channels are limited and such, but are there ones like these?

I found this bundle on galaxy-marketing, but it doesn't include an installation kit

Ku Band Motorized Satellite System

Complete System Includes:
MADE IN KOREA
Features: Blind Search
DiSEqC1.2 / USALS (Licensed)
Component Video Output
Multi Language On Screen Display
Complete System @ $229.99 - BUY NOW

Is this any good?

The only install kit you would need is some cable and maybe a compass. Everything else is there

I have not personally worked with the Omegasat receiver so I cant comment on it. The motor and dish folks have reviewed here recently. Check the review area

Are you 100% sure you cant get any OTA stations? Go to www.tvfool.com and enter your address and post the link to your report on their help with reception message board. The guys over there helped me alot. I dont think there is any network feeds on the small ku-band, but there are PBS, Create, World, History, Biography, RTV, Tuff Tv, etc.

you can no longer sub to just locals on Dish. Welcome pack for 14.99 (includes locals) is the cheapest

using just his location from his profile and 40 feet up...doesnt look like much
TV Fool

He should be able to get ABC and PBS with a good roof or tower mounted UHF antenna aimed at approximately 300 degrees, preferably with a preamp as well. The only FTA option to get all networks and most channels that he mentioned would be with c-band really.

Seems like eons ago I posted this asking for help, and seems I never returned after you gentlemen responded, funny hoe life can change in a blink of an eye, my apologies for all those years ago, I am still in the same boat except I've moved to a different location, reading over what was posted is C-band the only option to get the channels I prefer?

I'll tell you in 4 years, because that's how long you waited to read the replies. :biggrin

Seriously, if you want Discovery, History, Biography, and Science then subscribe to Dish, Directv, or cable.

C band 'ROCKS". Check it out yourself at Mpeg Central.
Suggest AT LEAST a 6ft prime focus dish. (one has had some success with a 76cm Ku offset dish - but bigger IS better - most microBudder's use at least a 90cm)
WSI/Galaxy marketing has been Tango Uniform for quite some time now.(2012)

You've moved, what's the new TVFool report look like? click here.
NOTE: use your exact location,
Find your latitude and longitude.
https://www.google.com/maps
Zoom into your yard, click on your install location.
The lat and long will appear in the location box at the bottom of screen.

Post results in the Digital Over the Air Television Talk By RabbitEars section
We'll reserve this thread for FTA discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: k.r.
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)