FTA secret forum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
When I was here about a year ago, I remember there was a special forum that you had to be approved to have access to. I notice that's no longer listed anywhere on the forums. Did it disappear? Just curious, because I would have eventually liked to apply for membership, when I get my setup.

I am sure that there are a lot of new members who would be interested if they could join, but since the have not accepted anyone new in a while, since it was closed, I doubt that they will start again anytime soon.

If your looking for wildfeed information there are other sites that list the information publicly, if you do a search you will find them.

Or you can do what I do most of the time and belive is the most reliable source, blind scan / smart scan the whole arc a few times a day.

Last edited:
I am sure that there are a lot of new members who would be interested if they could join, but since the have not accepted anyone new in a while, since it was closed, I doubt that they will start again anytime soon.

If your looking for wildfeed information there are other sites that list the information publicly, if you do a search you will find them.

Or you can do what I do most of the time and belive is the most reliable source, blind scan / smart scan the whole arc a few times a day.

So the "what's up there" forum is closed to new members, or just closed altogether? I'll probably be blind scanning all the time. :D

The way I understand too much info was being posted to open forums. It is a classic case of a few bad apples spoiling it for all. :(

Last edited:
The way I undertand too much info was being posted to open forums. It is a classic case of a few bad apples spoiling it for all. :(

Figures. :(

BTW, noticed your title. I absolutely love EMERGENCY!. Can't wait for the rest of the show to come out on DVD. It got me interested in volunteering with the local fire department and made me pursue a career in medicine. :)

I'll try an explain what happened :)

Originally we had pretty much wide open when the WUT area opened. You apply and pretty much the mods approved it based on (at the time) what you had done here or your reputation (some people hadn't been here long but we knew them from other boards).

Then we would run into issues where any newbie would apply regardless of how long they were here. We'd get responses (since you had to respond why you want in) with things like "because" or "I am thinking of getting a system" or "I'm approved everywhere else" or my favorites "want to find out the new hack". So they would be denied and then either myself or Scott would get a PM asking or they'd post it in the main area about it.

So Scott decided to hide the area so if you were in there you could see it and if you weren't you couldn't. That solved the issue of the newbies asking to be in there. I also went through and weeded out the bad ones. As noted above, we did have some "bad seeds" that would see the stuff posted and would do one of two things
-post on other boards
-send the info to Lyngsat (which we always said was a no-no because the wrong people could see it and it may not last long)

We still do let people in, but it's set up different now. It's pretty much set up as an invite only type setup.

Once in a while (I say once a month or so but I do it ongoing too) I go through the threads and check out the people who are helpful, post count, how long they've been here, how active, etc and then go from there.

I usually send a PM then once I go in and change the setup so people can see that area. :) So we stopped taking apps but we haven't closed the gate completelly :)

Hope it makes sence and hope you understand

Makes complete sense, and sounds like a much better system. Maybe one day after I get my setup all put up, and when I'm able to answer instead of ask questions, I'll be invited to join. I'm just glad it didn't disappear completely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts