FTA Signal Meter - Linear only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Can anyone recommend a good FTA signal meter? I meen one that only gets Linear signals. I hate it when I keep locking on to circular DBS signals and get drowned out.
Currently I am using a birdog........ Anything else better?

Can anyone recommend a good FTA signal meter? I meen one that only gets Linear signals. I hate it when I keep locking on to circular DBS signals and get drowned out.
Currently I am using a birdog........ Anything else better?

I'm using the Trimax 2200 Sat Meter with pretty good results for finding KU Band Linear on Galaxy 25 / 97.0W. The Trimax is also designed to display the Video on the channel you are looking at as well.

Satellite meters do not discriminate between linear or circular signals. The meter if used properly can tune for the FSS signals while ignoring the DSS or DBS signals. The Birdog is a fine meter and should allow peaking of FSS, DSS and DBS signals.

See this reply to a similar question regarding using a Birdog on a linear bird, Galaxy 25.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1098364-post8.html

Birdog is one of the best positive ID meters out there. You do have to make sure the software is up to date though, that may be an issue...

In addition to the Birdog, we also sell the Super Buddy and the SatHawk 4000. Both are excellent meters and allow you to modify your own datafile.

In addition to the Birdog, we also sell the Super Buddy and the SatHawk 4000. Both are excellent meters and allow you to modify your own datafile.
Thats a nice feature. as you can enter your own freq and dont have to wait on a third party to come out with a new file.

Status
Please reply by conversation.