fta system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsmarc02

Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
kentucky
Am setting up new fta system. Need to buy a new receiver to get ku band.
Would like some recommendations. I understand that pansat is good. Would
a H.D . rec. be good ? Price would need to be the middle of road.

Thanks, jsmarc02

Thanks to putney. I would be interested in this azbox receiver. I am wondering about the scanning capability of this box. Some receivers seem to be slow in scanning. Price is good for a H.D. rec.

jsmarc02

Hello jsmarc02 One of the best all around receivers that you can buy now for the money is the pansat 2700a,but it is not hd. It has a fast blind scan and clear pictures. I just purchased a pansat 6000hxc+ and from all of the reviews it looked really good, but i am disappointed with it. Out of the box the, receiver would not acess the hard drive,the pictures are washed out,and the smart [blind] scan takes forever to scan a satellate.I have to send it back to pansat. bummer. olman

olman, thanks for reply. I wanted a H.D. receiver. I have heard that the pansat 6000 was really good ,however from your experience I believe I will pass on pansat. Are there other good receivers for H.D.? . Am limited on what I can spent. Am wondering about your 6000. Could that wash out be a defect in the receiver?

jsmarc02

jsmarc02 I talked with the people at pansat ,it could be a defective receiver.I have to send it back so they can check it out. thanks olman

olman, I was hoping some one else who had experience with the pansat 6000 would reply and would comment on this receiver and if they have similar troubles. I have heard that the pansat receivers were really good. Still need a good H.D. rec.

jsmarc02

jsmarc02 I probably should have invested in a hd receiver myself ,but i will wait till there is more hd on fta and see what new receivers are available. olman

olman, Good talking with you. Will get back with you tomorrow. Still need a good H.D. rec for fta. Putney suggested azbox elite.

jsmarc02

Thanks to Tron, yes I wanted blind scan. Are their other boxes that are good . Needed
H.D. and something that was reasonable in price.

jsmarc02

olman, You have had problems with pansat 6000. Do you know anything about
sonicview 8000 h.d. rec.? Believe this box has a blind scan. Wondering if any one else
has had any experience with the 8000 receiver.

jsmarc02

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)