fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
need help i have a 31" dish and a linear and circular lnb i live in florida looking to get some channels that are not ecrepted that are free what satellite is the best to get english channels or spanish i have surfed some satellite but no luck i have a viesat lite reciver thanks

You need to enter active transponder info, frequency, polarity, and SR, on the satellite you're looking for. Also, the proper L.O.(local oscillator frequency) of the LNBF you are using must be entered into the receiver. Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com will get you very close in aiming at the satellite. Will show your azimuth on a map and also show elevation and skew*. When aiming the dish, small incremental adjustments and waiting for a few seconds is necessary as the receiver will not display Quality immediately. It's Quality to watch for. Signal or Intensity is just the measure of the connection - LNBF to receiver.
For active FTA transponder info, check TheList! Other resources are sathint.com and global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html Then, there's always lyngsat.com/america.html (last to be updated) NOTE: you don't necessarily have to enter them all, but just a couple usually. You can get the rest with a blind scan.
*Skew. If the satellite is west of you, twist the top of the feed west, (CCW) when looking at the face of the dish. Eastern satellites require the opposite, top goes east. (CW)
Take a look at 97W, Galaxy 19. The Ku has a LOT of channels, Should be an easy to aim at first sat.
NOTE:4 digit frequencies are "C" band. 5 digits is Ku. You're system is limited to Ku band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts