FUBO subs - question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Right - that is what I understand they do here as well. Why the heck SD? Makes no sense to me.

I also wonder of Pac 12 Network survives going forward. They laid off most of their staff, but even before COVID went to game calling from the central office.

I know in our area Comcast offers the national feed in HD and the 1 regional network only in SD (in case that matters).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right - that is what I understand they do here as well. Why the heck SD? Makes no sense to me.

I also wonder of Pac 12 Network survives going forward. They laid off most of their staff, but even before COVID went to game calling from the central office.

I hear everything is up for grabs...which is good. It’s clear the current model is a bust. I like what ESPN did with the ACC network. Most popular stuff on the ACC network and related ESPN TV channels and lots of additional content on ESPN streaming services in 60fps. That way the other sports get visibility too. However, I bet we’d sacrifice even more afternoon football slots in order to secure a better deal. I always thought 7 Pac-12 channels was excessive. I could see 2 channels coupled with a better streaming offering and user accessible on-demand library.

I read about the staff reductions too. Did you hear why Mike Yam departed? It doesn’t sound like it was a furlough or lay-off but rather a permanent departure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear everything is up for grabs...which is good. It’s clear the current model is a bust. I like what ESPN did with the ACC network. Most popular stuff on the ACC network and related ESPN TV channels and lots of additional content on ESPN streaming services in 60fps. That way the other sports get visibility too. However, I bet we’d sacrifice even more afternoon football slots in order to secure a better deal. I always thought 7 Pac-12 channels was excessive. I could see 2 channels coupled with a better streaming offering and user accessible on-demand library.

I read about the staff reductions too. Did you hear why Mike Yam departed? It doesn’t sound like it was a furlough or lay-off but rather a permanent departure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw pretty much everyone departed. He will catch on with someone. I hear that Pac 12 Presidents have engaged a consultant to look at the entire operation - not reporting to Larry Scott. Scott was innovative initially and set up a lot, but then he overstayed his welcome, and now its a disaster. The cost structure of the channel is simply a Larry Scott cash grab. There is no reason any of this needs to be in downtown SF. Los Angeles is where media is on the west coast. Or you could go low cost and build a HQ home in Las Vegas and keep the site for various tournaments as well.

Going to 7 channels initially was a killer. Probably should have been a 4 channel set up - Northwest, California and Desert/Mountain. Could have used the internet streaming for any excess events. Maybe in time, if successful, could have gone 7 channels, but not now. It's overkill.

ACC network is fine, but theory is Pac 12 stands to gain more by owning the content. Do we really want ESPN and Fox to control these channels?

Pac 12 had a deal on the table to go with NBC instead of Fox/ESPN, but FOX and ESPN outbid them by $25B at the end. This was a mistake. Should have forfeited cash for better start times, and games would be on Comcast's sports channel and NBC. Only conflict would have been Notre Dame, But they could have had 2 games on Saturday on NBC, mixed in with Notre Dame, and then a game or 2 on NBC Sports channel. Excess could still be on Pac 12 Network, which would make Pac 12 more attractive. So we know 2 games on NBC would be decent times - some in prime time. Missed opportunities.

We shall see what happens going forward.

Virgo, like FuboTV I do not believe will last not much longer, both of them are having growth issues, YTTV and Hulu seem to have the market covered for Live OTT service.
I know your opinion is a few months old now...
Don't know about Virgo but I've been using FUBO TV for a year and it is so good I bought stock in the company and it has doubled. The Internet DVR is great because it doesn't rely on tuner count. I get 500 hours so I basically DVR all my programs.

FUBO tripled it's subscriber base from 2018 to 2019 and then tripled that again in the first 9 months of 2020. So I don't know what you expect when you claim they have growth issues.

I admit I was skeptical at first because the name sounds silly, but the service has been flawless on my Apple TV 4K. I went for it because it had all the channels I needed to replace Dish Network and at a lower price than the others. There are lots of services to pick from so check out what each offers that you must have. FUBOTV just happens to give me the channels I wanted.

I know your opinion is a few months old now...
Don't know about Virgo but I've been using FUBO TV for a year and it is so good I bought stock in the company and it has doubled. The Internet DVR is great because it doesn't rely on tuner count. I get 500 hours so I basically DVR all my programs.

FUBO tripled it's subscriber base from 2018 to 2019 and then tripled that again in the first 9 months of 2020. So I don't know what you expect when you claim they have growth issues.
Where do you get 500 hrs from, from their Website- Yes, every fuboTV account comes with 30 hours of Cloud DVR space at no extra charge. Record and watch from any device. Your recordings never expire.

You Tube TV DVR is unlimited and you have 9 months to watch programming.

Now as far as Sub. numbers goes-
  • The company is raising third quarter subscriber guidance to 370,000-380,000, an increase of over 28% year-over-year and up from 20% growth previously forecast. This is as a result of the start of the NFL and the fall sports seasons.
The company expects to end the fourth quarter with 410,000-420,000 paid subscribers, an increase of 30% to 33% year-over-year.

That 28% is not Tripled over last year and their growth is awful at maybe only 100,000 more then the previous quarter.

Look at YTTV, they are now over 3 million subs and Hulu Live is at 4 million, that shows why Fubo is a company that is just burning thru cash and will be lucky to last to the end of 2021.

Traditional Providers are losing about 2-3 million subs per quarter, based on that number, Fubo should be attracting a lot more then 100,000 subs more a quarter, but the ones that still want a Live TV service are going to YTTV/HULU.

Where do you get 500 hrs from, from their Website-
I haven't looked through their website in about a year but I still have that add-on option. I believe it is $5.99 a month extra but may be wrong on the exact charge. Yesterday I saw I had 135 hours of programs in the DVR. I rarely save any of these shows in a library but rather delete them when I watch once. I certainly keep more than 30 hours.

I'm not going to debate you whether the FUBOTV is for everyone as I'm not in the game of selling their service. If you don't like what they offer then don't subscribe to them. There are plenty of choices. I only have FUBOTV for the cable channel selection. For movies, I have most all of the services except HBO. The FUBOTV service is excellent quality and it works very well for me.

As a stock holder I go by their SEC filings and their revenue has tripled each year since 2018 and my stock has doubled in ROI since I started a position in it.
FUBOTV.png
In fact it was $5 a share just 52 weeks ago and now $27.90. That's 5 times.! I bought in at $10 so I am up more than double, 2.79 times in a little over a month and a half. So whether it's the stock, subscribers, or revenue growth, FUBOTV is not going away because "they have growth issues." And that is the only thing I disagreed with your opinion on.

As a stock holder I go by their SEC filings and their revenue has tripled each year since 2018 and my stock has doubled in ROI since I started a position in it.
Subscriber numbers are not stock prices, and there is often no direct correlation. The stock market has been on a sugar high this year, fueled by government stimulus and tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations. And the market sector that FuboTV belongs to has greatly benefitted from people staying at home looking for ways to pass hours and hours of their time. There's also a lot of anticipation (market speculation) right now related to news of the new vaccines and things returning to normal in 2021. FuboTV's price-to-earnings (P/E) ratios are negative for 2020 and forecasted as negative for both 2021 and 2022, which means the stock is overvalued vis-a-vis anticipated earnings (which is tied to subscriber growth).

First let me correct the first statement. I meant to say it tripled it's subscriber base revenue...

While it is true many companies have benefitted with the Fed policies this year. But the reality is some are winners and some are losers. This Fed money stimulus has mostly been a regulator of the size of growth but still a quiet stock like FUBOTV is sized by the Fundamentals. While highly controversial companies who are disrupting major industries get multiple increases. Like Zoom and Tesla and the 5G companies. I don't believe FUBOTV's growth is solely due to Fed money or a multiple adjustment as it's triple growth in revenue began long before the Fed. But these are my own analysis as an investor and user. There is always something in the world of stocks that is market speculation nothing new there except maybe to a newbie in how the market works.

There is nothing anyone who is negative on FuboTV can say that will convince me I am not satisfied with the service over the past year, nor the profits I have made in their stock the past month. But as I said before, FuboTV is properly financed and is not going away soon as was what I simply disagreed with. They have growth which is also not what was originally claimed.

Also, FuboTV sells advertising on some channels when their license agreements permit. I think they are mostly added to the sports programs. It is an additional revenue source besides subs. I also looked up the latest price on the 500 hour DVR add-on and it is $10 a month. I'm still being billed at $5.99 so I don't know why and not going to ask. :) They did raise my base by $5 a month recently now paying $64.99 less than half what I was paying for DISH Network service and getting more.

FUBOTV just bought Balto Sports. Stock is up over $30 today. Best I could find out about Balto Sports is they operate Ice skating rinks if you like to watch Ice Hockey I suppose FUBO TV could be a source.

FUBO TV shot up 25% $40 to $50 a share this morning on news they are planning to add more exclusive sports programming and a rapidly growing subscriber members. CEO said they expect the growth to continue as more people are switching to IPTV.

On the flip side- AT&T stock continues to fall as they claim they can't find a decent buyer of DirecTV. See DirecTV support forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts