Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
PROGRAMMING UPDATE
LAUNCH OF FUEL TV

Effective Wednesday, May 20th by 5pm ET,FUEL TV will launch to customers. This channel will be available to Classic Gold 250 & higher customers on channel 155.

Description: FUEL TV delivers original and exclusive programs that speak to the core of the action sports lifestyle like no other network. FUEL TV reaches the youth demo that is extremely loyal to their favorite brands and has a high consumption appetite for advanced video and data platforms.

Station FUEL
Channel # 155
Orbital Slot 110
Packaging Classic Gold 250 & Higher

sure, this one they put in 250, but LOGO they call HD even though it's not an HD channel. Figures

I'm pretty sure the DirecTV people have reported that Fuel HD has yet to show HD. Glad they are not wasting bandwidth, like they are on BET Jazz and LOGO.

Whats this? In the last two or three weeks, Dish Network seems to be adding channels people want? What the HELL is going on!

I'm pretty sure the DirecTV people have reported that Fuel HD has yet to show HD. Glad they are not wasting bandwidth, like they are on BET Jazz and LOGO.
And MTV, VH1, CMT and too many others to count.

you have skinemax, i mean cinemax hd don't you? :devil:
I haven't seen any skinemax HD flicks yet. When "after hours" starts we are back to a 4 x 3 aspect ratio screen.

I haven't seen any skinemax HD flicks yet. When "after hours" starts we are back to a 4 x 3 aspect ratio screen.

the films yes. The original series though are pretty much all HD

Glad they are not wasting bandwidth, like they are on BET Jazz and LOGO.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these "fake" HD channels don't really use any add'l bandwidth vs what they consume in SD. Even more so since they're MPEG4, the encoders probably trim it down quite nicely.

VH1 has some HD shows. Yet to see any on the other two, though admittedly, I don't watch them, just spot check.

There are very few HD channels that seem to have NO HD programming. The difference is, BET-J and LOGO aren't HD channels at all. They CAN'T show any HD programming.

Correct me if I'm wrong

You...MIGHT... be wrong?

If they are upconverting, they obviously take up more room. I don't have access to bitrates, so maybe someone like Digi can settle that. The receivers recognize them as HD, but I don't know if that's just a flag or what. I suppose they theoretically might be 480p

Of course, all that really matters in this argument is how the transponders are loaded. If they are loaded like normal HD transponders (8 per), then they are taking up "space" that could be used for a real HD channel. It's a little hard to tell with Logo, because it's on a transponder with a lot of shared RSNs. But BET-J is on a regular HD transponder with 7 other channels. If it wasn't there, you could put a real HD channel in it's place.

DISH Network(R) Introduces FUEL TV Into Programming Lineup

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 21, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Today, DISH Network(R) launched FUEL TV, a television network dedicated to covering the lifestyle and culture of action sports, including skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, freestyle motocross and wakeboarding. Located on DISH Network Ch. 155, FUEL TV is included in DISH Network's Classic Gold 250 programming package. FUEL TV is now available in nearly 30 million homes nationwide.

"FUEL TV strengthens the wide variety of programming DISH Network already offers," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We're providing even more value for our subscribers by expanding our lineup with great original content."

"FUEL TV is one of our fastest growing networks, and adding it to the DISH Network lineup helps satisfy the demand from a rapidly increasing number of passionate viewers," said Mike Hopkins, president of Affiliate Sales and Marketing for Fox Cable Networks. "DISH Network continues to be a valued partner in the distribution of our networks."

FUEL TV features action sports athletes, emerging musicians, celebrities, and breaking news through its original and commissioned series and specials, short-form content, films, and prestigious event coverage. Signature original shows include The Daily Habit, The Weekly Update with Boost Mobile, Firsthand, New Pollution, and FUEL TV presents Camp Woodward. Other top shows include The Captain And Casey Show, Built To Shred, and American Misfits (skateboarding); The Adventures of Danny & the Dingo and The Standard Snowboard Show (snowboarding); Drive Thru: Australia, On Surfari, and FiNS (surfing); The Great Ride Open and Thrillbillies (motocross); Pull (wakeboarding); and Props (BMX).

About DISH Network Corporation: DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.584 million satellite TV customers as of March 31, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the DuoDVR ViP(R) 722 DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 250 company. Visit Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

About FUEL TV: FUEL TV is the action sports lifestyle network for skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, freestyle motocross, and wakeboarding. A unit of Fox Cable Networks, FUEL TV was launched July 1, 2003 and is seen in nearly 30 million U.S. homes. To subscribe to FUEL TV, call 877-4-FUEL-TV. For program times and other information, visit FUEL.TV ? Action Sports Videos, Webcasts, Photos, News, Blogs, & More.

Fox Cable Networks (FCN) includes 36 domestic programming services in which News Corporation holds interests. Together these networks reach more than 550 million subscribing television homes and represent one of the media industry's largest and most diverse programming groups. Fox Cable Networks span FX, FX HD, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Channel HD, Fox Reality Channel, Fox Movie Channel, FUEL TV, FSN and 19 regional cable sports networks, SPEED, SPEED HD, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox College Sports, Fox Sports en Espanol and the Big Ten Network and Big Ten Network HD (co-venture with the Big Ten Conference). FCN also includes Fox Sports Enterprises, which manages interests in sports franchises and leading statistical information provider STATS, LLC.

SOURCE DISH Network Corporation

FUEL.TV ? Action Sports Videos, Webcasts, Photos, News, Blogs, & More

I haven't seen any skinemax HD flicks yet. When "after hours" starts we are back to a 4 x 3 aspect ratio screen.[/QUOTE]

Check for Co-Ed Confidential 2009 epizodes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)