Full signal and responsive receiver but no video

I was experiencing a similar issue. I decided to check to see if the Logitech Review I have on that TV was having any impact so I unplugged the revue from the HDMI chain and had no issue for a week. So I plugged it back in and had the same problem within 2 days. So next I took the cheap HDMI Cable that came with the Revue and swapped it for a higher quality HDMI cable I had. So far no issues.

My suggestion is to by pass the Reciver for a couple of days (I Know no sorround sound that way, that will suck) and see if that clears up the issue. If it does try replacing one or more of the HDMI cables in your setup.

I usually try do, but probably not always. Why doesn't the 3am reset take care of this?

I'll try to take notice of this in the future. Now to get the GF to turn off more than just the receiver...

The 3am update should but it is better to try and turn it off. I have to remind my roommates all the time. I usually turn it off for them at 5am when I leave for work.

This whole issue has been very irritating recently. The last 3 days in a row i have come home to a receiver that has black screens on all Sat channels, works on OTA and recording playback. It lists all of the timers as having been Completed today however not a single one is actually on the DVR :(

Am so sick of this, even nightly reboots and the thing still screws up.

When I get the no live video problem, I've found I can get it back by going to Menu>Weather then exiting out. The problem has only presented a few times, but seems to occur when coming out of DVR playback during which I may have also been doing other functions like checking the guide and schedule, and EHD transfer. Hasn't happened often enough for me to identify the trigger.

My ViP922 is about to drive me nuts. I upgraded my 622 to a 922 thinking I was taking a big jump but my wife is about to kill me for "making things better". It takes about 5 minutes every morning to go through 3 - 5 "Getting Started" screens before we get anything and you an be sure that 1 time out of every 3 we'll get it to start right up but get NO VIDEO. Everything else seems fine, the guide works, I can go into the DVR, but get no sound and no video (DVR still works w/ sound and video). I can poke around for 10 minutes and then for some inconsistent series of buttons, I'll get the receiver back. My wife has resolved to rebooting the unit to get it restarted. For the first time tonight I got the same problem after watching a show from the DVR. When the show was over and we went back to live TV, I once again got no video/no sound. Reboot and I'm back in business but it's very frustrating. I'm about to try to go back to a 622 or a 722 if this can't be resolved. PLEASE, if anyone knows of any recent workarounds, I'm willing to experiment.

I am thinking this is related to passthroughs. I never had the issue before I put in my Logitech Revue but since then it happens at least 1 to 2 times per week. Unplug receiver and plug it back in and i am good to go but.....the boot time sucks so this is a bad solution. I may try getting some better HDMI cables on it and see if that helps.

Update...yes I have a Logitech Revue and after removing it from the chain, everything is working fine. Sorry for wasting everyone's time...I should've Google'd a little more before posting. Hopefully a workaround will come out...BTW, I have another Revue connected to my 622 and it's still flawless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts