Full Time RVer Equipment Question

mpratt

Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
full time RVer
Hello,
I am a full time RVer. We have Dish network (625 Receiver) with a portable dish (500) with two cables. Normally I don’t have a problem placing the dish to get a signal, but in the park we are now in the nearest place to setup is beyond my cables reach (100+ Feet) and across a main road. Is there some kind of wireless setup at the dish that I can use? I checked the internet but can’t seem to frame a good search. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is to put the 625 with the dish and go wireless on the output back to your RV. Can you get power across the street?

Modified/limited alternative: put your 625 with your dish, record your shows, and then bring it back to the RV for viewing. PITA but it could be done.

Have you thought about looking at the opposite arc (EA or WA)? I usually can find at least on satellite I can use while camping. Channel choice may be limited but it's something anyway.

Channel choice for eastern arc will be very limited for a 625 since almost all channels are mpeg-4. Good thought, otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)