Funky goings on with HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pongo835

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
I was watching a local HD channel I had 2 programs set to record one on the local I was watching and the other on History HD a screen popped up stating I had to switch channel or cancel one of the recordings, I thought it just might be a small glitch so I switched over to History HD. Receiver would not let me switch unti I stopped the recording so I did, I hit the record when I switched overeverything was fine so I went to switch back to the HD local and when I did it switched over to the SD local when I went to the guide it showed that I was on the local PBS channel witch is not in HD the darn thing would not let me switch over to the HD local I was watching until I hit cancel on the recording . I have never had this problem until tonight anyone else had this happen:confused:

I was watching a local HD channel I had 2 programs set to record one on the local I was watching and the other on History HD a screen popped up stating I had to switch channel or cancel one of the recordings, I thought it just might be a small glitch so I switched over to History HD. Receiver would not let me switch unti I stopped the recording so I did, I hit the record when I switched overeverything was fine so I went to switch back to the HD local and when I did it switched over to the SD local when I went to the guide it showed that I was on the local PBS channel witch is not in HD the darn thing would not let me switch over to the HD local I was watching until I hit cancel on the recording . I have never had this problem until tonight anyone else had this happen:confused:

Your HD DVR only has 2 tuners in it, so you can watch one thing while recording another , but you cannot record 2 different channels and watch another.

This has always been the way it has worked.

However, you CAN record 2 different channels and WATCH a already recorded show.

I was watching one of the channels I was trying to record and the message telling me I had to cancel the other channel recording before I could switch over to the other recorded channel the biggest thing was the switch over from HD to SD and guide showing I was on the next channel down very strange. I have since tried to record 2 channels while watching one of the recorded channels and no problem must have been just a isolated incident.

The channel I was recording was Lexington KY Local NBC in HD (Hero's) witch came on at 8:00 pm I also had a recording scheduled for 8:00 on History HD I wanted to watch Hero's so I attempted to switch from the History channel over to the Local the receiver would not let me until I stopped one of the recordings So I did when it made the switch I instantly hit record and it was fine I tried to switch back to the History same thing had to stop one of the recordings. And the guide showed me on the local PBS channel which I was not I was watching hero's in the small screen at top left of guide.

HR20-700, Slimline dish

The channel I was recording was Lexington KY Local NBC in HD (Hero's) witch came on at 8:00 pm I also had a recording scheduled for 8:00 on History HD I wanted to watch Hero's so I attempted to switch from the History channel over to the Local the receiver would not let me until I stopped one of the recordings So I did when it made the switch I instantly hit record and it was fine I tried to switch back to the History same thing had to stop one of the recordings. And the guide showed me on the local PBS channel which I was not I was watching hero's in the small screen at top left of guide.

HR20-700, Slimline dish

You do know that if you are recording two things at the same time and want to watch one of them, you can always go to the playlist and start watching from the one that is currently recording, right ?
This way you could have recorded Hero's and watched it Full Screen as well.

Yes I know that and I did watch Hero's in full screen but when receiver was in guide mode it showed that I was on another channel and not the one I was watching and I know you can scroll through the guide and the channel you were watching while scrolling will show in the small screen until a new channel is selected and the guide then goes away. So the channel Hero's was on in the guide is channel 18 when I selected 18 and message stated I needed to cancel one of the recordings even though I was watching that channel in the small screen while in guide mode. So I stopped the recording and the switch was made but it was in SD 480I format even though channel is a local HD channel which became avaiable in September as a HD local

My guess is that the series link was still set to the old SD channel so as far as the DVR was concerned you were trying to watch/record three chanels. You need to go into every series link you have for locals and delete them, and then set them up again designating the new HD channel for the recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)