Funny eBay listing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
- hilarious !

I'll bet SatGuys has 100 members who could -write- such a manual!

As for the LNBs, is there anyone who's been here two years or more, that doesn't have a hand full of 'em in their garage?
(or functional equivalent)

Over the years, I've had several friends give me DirecTV Phase II or III dishes, as well as a few DishNetwork 500's. :cool:
I just say "thanks" and hide them away in the garage.
Never know when a piece of bent metal off one will be the solution to that next great problem! - :D

Over the years, I've had several friends give me DirecTV Phase II or III dishes, as well as a few DishNetwork 500's. :cool:
I just say "thanks" and hide them away in the garage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! They give you this "really cool dish" (usually a D* Phase III) that they're SURE you will use, and you don't want to offend, so you pretend to look excited and say "Wow! Thanks!" It then goes in the shed. A month later, they want to see how you've put their gift to use... :rolleyes:

- self interest:

If you tell someone "thanks", it's always possible that your positive reinforcement will bring you a "proper" dish sometime.
But, if you say "no thanks", they'll never offer you anything else.

I learned something similar from an old consultant I used to work for.
"Never turn down a job, 'cause you'll never hear from that customer again."

Is that a corollary to, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression."?

Anyway, I take what's offered and smile.
Heck, I've even used an old Phase III dish for something a few years ago! - :up

Good points, Anole. My added problem is that I'm nostalgic, and I'm a packrat anyway. I would never want to see a dish be crushed to death in the back of a garbage truck, so I have to save them all! ;)

I've been able to use several d500's and phase III dishes for folks that have theirs get crushed by a tree, set up a remote system at a hunting shack, replace failed lnb's etc. Maybe one day either Charlie or Dave will have an attack of human decency and put a couple of channels back in the clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)