what size dish for I805?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tilo

Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
miami
hi can any body tell me what size of dish do i need to get intelsat 805 i live in miami i am confuse about the size and if i can get the guatemalan channels clear thank in advance

Broke post off of another thread

Please don't thread crap (thread crap is when someone posts and has nothing to do with the subject of the actual thread)

as for a dish size I'd go with a 6 foot minimum if you want everything. Sme channels are weak on that satellite. If you check thelist at the top, everything on 55.5W that is posted I can pick up with my 6 footer in Minneapolis (I update thelist on the C-Band side) ;)

The only Guatemalan channel that is ITC in that bird is TV Azteca Guatemala, the TV Channels on the Guatemalan Mux @ 4086H are scrambled (Radio channels are ITC though), and such a shame because that mux has a very strong signal

Good reception on all channels here in Ft lauderdale with a 6 foot motorized dish. If you are looking for a Guatemala channel ITC you might want to try Satmex5 (116W) 4084H "Guatevision" which comes in very strong in Southern Florida and is not scrambled with news, sports, etc.

thank you for the information guys

so if i can get in miami good signal with a 6 foot dish i will get it then thanks for the info about azteca guatemala, my other question will be where i can get information on the prices for the rest of the guatemalan channels thanks in advance, also if a nfusion hd can work on c band to get intelsat 805 and somebody told me i need to get a videocipher to pay channels is that true thanks:):up

so if i can get in miami good signal with a 6 foot dish i will get it then thanks for the info about azteca guatemala, my other question will be where i can get information on the prices for the rest of the guatemalan channels thanks in advance, also if a nfusion hd can work on c band to get intelsat 805 and somebody told me i need to get a videocipher to pay channels is that true thanks:):up

You can't subscribe to the scrambled channels on that bird, they are scrambled with powervu and as far as I know no individual can get authorization to own one of those decoders, only cable companies.
As for the videocipher thing, VC2 subscriptions ended awhile ago, so that's pretty much a no go. There are a bunch of Mexico/Central American FTA channels on C Band though, a motorized 6 footer would serve you very well

4DTV

i was reading something about 4DTV but i do not found the guatemalan channels that i want to watch that are located in intelsat 805 can anybody tell me if i will be able to buy the service on those channels. I am sorry to ask too much but before i buy the equipment i want to make shure i will get what i want thanks:eek::p

I just moved my dish over to I805 (55.5W). I have always seen TV Azteca-Guatemala as FTA. The signal is very strong here in southern Florida as seen from the photo, on a 6 ft Fortec dish that is motorized.

Attachments

• Guat1.jpg
    Guat1.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 179
  • guat2.jpg
    guat2.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 179
thank you guys

i am so sad because my wish was to watch guatemalan channels even do i have to pay menbershi. nycrich can you tell me if in channels 11. 13 3 or 7 from guatemala says anything where to pay subscription or somthing i will apreciate thanks i fill kind of sad allready if i do not get to watch those channels especialy that you say the signal is strong on that satellite thanks

I cannot get those channels because they are scrambled. You might want to do an internet search, but John's advice was really more to the point (service not available to the US, especially billing issues, legal rights, etc).
You can get one channel from I-805 and Satmex, 5 FTA, unless you go maybe online for television.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts