Future use for Voom dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Indy said:
Quote ptech:
"No, The Voom dish uses a single LNB and the Dish system uses a dual LNB."

Wrong, Voom used Direct TV dual LNB's but only used one RF connector on the LNB. The other is there unused. The Voom LNB and dish will work with Direct or Dish.

My Voom system which was installed last December only has one LNB on a 30 inch dish.

But I do have a spare Dish receiver hooked up monitoring 61.5 and working. Well, one info loop.

Indy said:
You can see it now. Just take the lnb from the Voom stb and hook it up to the Dish stb. The channels will load from the Dish 61.5 sat.

Is the "stb" the smart card inside the reciever, and the "stb" the reciever itself?

mr_snerdly said:
Is the "stb" the smart card inside the reciever, and the "stb" the reciever itself?

I should proof read. What I meant to ask was is the "lnb" the smart card, and the "stb" the reciever?

Thanks!!

mr_snerdly said:
I should proof read. What I meant to ask was is the "lnb" the smart card, and the "stb" the reciever?

Thanks!!
T

The LNB or short for "low noise blocker", is the grey palstic part of the dish on the end of the arm in front of the dish. That has a wire or coax cable going to your satellite receiver or STB, short for "set top box" or receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts