FW: 0.9.5301 is now out for the Azbox

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
Firmware 0.9.5301 is now out for the Azbox.
Improved multimedia libraries, fixed ghost char, added support for www & email rcu buttons (needs azmail) updated Dutch Translation.
45.88MB file

what does "improved the multimedia libraries" mean? Interesting that its one of the first firmwares in a long time that's actually smaller.

I'm in the process of getting things setup so I can dual boot E2 RC5 and Factory 5301

what does "improved the multimedia libraries" mean? Interesting that its one of the first firmwares in a long time that's actually smaller.

maybe it means that after playing an mkv file i will no longer get the dreaded "no signal of death" popup when returning to tv. or maybe it will play an avi file after playing a ts instead of telling me its an unsupported file format and force me to reboot. might have actually added a few bugs possibly. who can say. haha.

crackt out,.

and I wonder what they screwed up? ;)

Lets ask Radar to find out for us !! :)

For those who need the web site it is>>>

AZBox Snapshots

I don't know what errors they thought they made, but I figured that they would release a new version after all the hub-ub about the last one.

Here is a link to the place that I download my AZBox firmware from. It doesn't take you to a download warehouse. The image files download immediately.

Azbox Snapshot It is very similar to the one that Keith Brannen posted, but it isn't identical.

Always good to have other options. For instance, right now! I tried to download 5300_1 and 5300_2 and 5301 from these sites and there is either something wrong with their files or their server. I can only download about 6-10 KB of the image file. I went to this resource instead: http://az.evg33.ru/fw/ which allowed me to download the whole file. I am loading it up now to start testing.

One bit of advice for everyone. Whenever you are doing an update like this, where you don't know what the outcome is going to be, power down and disconnect your HDD first! This will save you a lot of frustration.

Also, directly from OpenSat technical support, it IS recommended to perform a format of the application area if there are significant changes in the firmware versions you are installing.

RADAR

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)