motor setup issues

ronananda

Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
72W 41N
I am a newbie. I have purchased my equipment after going over a lot of threads here, and in other places. I have a Sadoun 90 cm dish, with a powertech motor and an invacom linear/circular lnb. I have the azbox premium plus hd receiver. It is all set up ready to go, I think. The dish is oriented true south for my lat/long with all adjustments to declination. I have downloaded the latest fw through the receiver. I had to do that with an ethernet cx. I have not gotten the wifi to work even though the receiver can "see" the wireless cx. But I don't have high expectations for it as a browser.

But this is where I am stuck: I don't see how the receiver "knows" where I am physically located. So I don't want to go ahead and start moving the dish until I am clear. I know very little, but I guess it makes sense to me that the receiver should be programmed with my location. But I don't see this topic covered in the otherwise helpful manual you have produced.

So any help here would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Ron

I am a newbie. I have purchased my equipment after going over a lot of threads here, and in other places. I have a Sadoun 90 cm dish, with a powertech motor and an invacom linear/circular lnb. I have the azbox premium plus hd receiver. It is all set up ready to go, I think. The dish is oriented true south for my lat/long with all adjustments to declination. I have downloaded the latest fw through the receiver. I had to do that with an ethernet cx. I have not gotten the wifi to work even though the receiver can "see" the wireless cx. But I don't have high expectations for it as a browser.

But this is where I am stuck: I don't see how the receiver "knows" where I am physically located. So I don't want to go ahead and start moving the dish until I am clear. I know very little, but I guess it makes sense to me that the receiver should be programmed with my location. But I don't see this topic covered in the otherwise helpful manual you have produced.

So any help here would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Ron

Ron,

You have to tell your receiver where you are if you are using USALS. If you are using DiSEqC 1.2 motor control, it is a little different. That is more of a aim blindly and look for signals and then record the positions. I will send you a PM. But, also look in the general FTA area at the FAQ for the stickies about setting up motorized dishes.

EDIT: Since this is posted in the sticky area, I am going to ask ICEBERG to relocate it to the general AZBox discussion area. You will be able to find it there. This area is usually reserved for "sticky" information and this one was left open as it is a work in progress. You understand.

RADAR

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)