FWIW - Update to Joey 4s Promised This Week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes there is every time you turn them off and the screen saver come's on they are in standby mode.
Just so you know if someone like me has their TV remote setup in Dish equipment when the power button is pressed the TV turns off and I don't see the screen saver. The only time I see the screen saver is after the selected amount of idle time has passed in the screen saver options. However your explanation does let me know that the Joey is not actually shutting down but going into standby mode when the power button is pushed. Since I never see it I always thought that the TV and Joey were both turning off.

Just so you know if someone like me has their TV remote setup in Dish equipment when the power button is pressed the TV turns off and I don't see the screen saver. The only time I see the screen saver is after the selected amount of idle time has passed in the screen saver options. However your explanation does let me know that the Joey is not actually shutting down but going into standby mode when the power button is pushed. Since I never see it I always thought that the TV and Joey were both turning off.
You can try holding your hand in front of the remote to block the I.R. signal from turning off your TV and then you can just turn of the Joey 4 which uses a wireless signal not I.R..

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can try holding your hand in front of the remote to block the I.R. signal from turning off your TV and then you can just turn of the Joey 4 which uses a wireless signal not I.R..
It doesn't really matter about the TV part if the Joey 4 is going into standby regardless every time I push the power button then they are not updating for another reason. They would be in stand by every night for several hours and nothing is happening. I would be curious to know if any Joey 4 owners are on a software version higher than P507 at the moment.

It doesn't really matter about the TV part if the Joey 4 is going into standby regardless every time I push the power button then they are not updating for another reason. They would be in stand by every night for several hours and nothing is happening. I would be curious to know if any Joey 4 owners are on a software version higher than P507 at the moment.
My Joey 4s are still still on P507 and P607. I wonder if they will update with my Hopper Plus disconnected!

My Joey 4s are still still on P507 and P607. I wonder if they will update with my Hopper Plus disconnected!
That was a thought I had also. It really shouldn't matter but then again at this point anything is possible with Dish. I would try hooking my HP back up but I am out of town for a few weeks and can't try it.

That was a thought I had also. It really shouldn't matter but then again at this point anything is possible with Dish. I would try hooking my HP back up but I am out of town for a few weeks and can't try it.
Well I sure hope the Joey 4s don't need the H+ hooked up to update the J4 Google software. My H3s are running great. Remote control responsiveness is awesome. I don't want to re-connect the H+ untill the remote control issues are worked out.

Reactions: clone1008
Well I sure hope the Joey 4s don't need the H+ hooked up to update the J4 Google software. My H3s are running great. Remote control responsiveness is awesome. I don't want to re-connect the H+ untill the remote control issues are worked out.
The P Software is the Android software, right?? Seems like the Plus may be needed

The Plus does not need to be hooked up to get updates.

Although in the last few betas the Plus has gotten a LOT better overall. So good in fact that I switched my wife over to the Plus from a Wireless Joey 4 and she hasn't noticed. (She hated the plus with a passion!) Finally some light at the end of the tunnel for the Plus.

The Plus does not need to be hooked up to get updates.

Although in the last few betas the Plus has gotten a LOT better overall. So good in fact that I switched my wife over to the Plus from a Wireless Joey 4 and she hasn't noticed. (She hated the plus with a passion!) Finally some light at the end of the tunnel for the Plus.
Good news. Thanks

I’m running Joey software P50717 and I am finding a new problem with my Joey 4 - when I turn on the TV I can access the menu/DVR and switch channels, but instead of the actual channel popping up it says "Playback Failed”. I’m order to get the tv to work I have to pull the power and reset it. Weird it just started happening on one of my 3 Joey 4s?

Hopefully the software update will fix this.

Attachments

• 1761822F-D443-4CB4-BDED-EB4F7F89C8D3.jpeg
    1761822F-D443-4CB4-BDED-EB4F7F89C8D3.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 89
I’m running Joey software P50717 and I am finding a new problem with my Joey 4 - when I turn on the TV I can access the menu/DVR and switch channels, but instead of the actual channel popping up it says "Playback Failed”. I’m order to get the tv to work I have to pull the power and reset it. Weird it just started happening on one of my 3 Joey 4s?

Hopefully the software update will fix this.
I get that often on one of my J4s.

Now that the J4 and WJ4 P512/P612 update is out, is there anything we can do to update our Joey 4s? Should we turn on screen saver, somehow get the units into standby mode, etc, etc?