FX HD and Speed HD now in TurboHD Silver and Platinum HD packages?

racerx99

Original poster
May 17, 2009
Gainesville, FL
I've been lurking a while and mulling a switch to Dish from Cox Cable (extended basic).

The TurboHD lineups look very attractive to me, but I would like to get FX. I've read all the threads here about FX and Speed HD only being available in Classic Silver + HD.

Today I spoke to 2 online chat CSRs and one phone rep. *ALL* of them told me that FX HD and Speed HD were available in both the TurboHD Silver package and the Platinum HD package.

I *grilled* them on this, reiterating that it wasn't what I had been told from other sources. They all assured me it was true, even when I asked if they were confusing Fashion TV (FTV HD) with FX HD.

However, when I asked for online confirmation, they could not provide me anything, indicating that the website had not yet been updated. I'm cynical, and initially suspected that the initial CSR was misunderstanding his materials. But with 3 CSRs saying the same thing, I'm just confused.

Could they really have responded to feedback so quickly? Frankly, I'm skeptical. Can someone provide independent confirmation?

You are right and the csr's are clueless. Those channels are not currently in any of the Turbo hd packages.

Here's the transcript from my conversation with the first CSR. Note how skeptical I was:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]You have been connected to (01) Daneldred M..
(01) Daneldred M.: Welcome to Dish Network. To better assist you with your buying experience and ensure that we can contact you in case this session gets disconnected, please provide your phone number using this format 999 – 999 – 9999.
Randy: I'm interested in a TurboHD package, but I'm concerned that not all of the HD Channels are offered as they are in the equivalent classic package.
(01) Daneldred M.: Thank you for your interest in getting Dish Network service.
(01) Daneldred M.: The channels in TurboHD package are pure HD. If you want combination of standard and HD channels, you can add and HD add-on to Classic package.
(01) Daneldred M.: Our basic packages have a corresponding HD packages. We have Classic Bronze 100 for Bronze HD, Classic Silver 200 for Silver HD, and Classic Gold 250 for Gold HD.
Randy: I don't want SD, I want HD. My problem is that, say, TurboHD Silver doesn't get all the HD channels that Classic Silver + HD gets.
Randy: Case in point: FX HD
Randy: In other words I'm interested in TurboHD silver, but I want FX HD with it.
(01) Daneldred M.: Some channels are offered a la carte while others are offered as part of a package. Our packages are designed to cater all interests. You might not be interested in the additional channels now but in the long run, you will have more choices to choose from regardless of what mood you’re in.
Randy: I'm very sensitive to price, I will not go over what I'm paying now - 49.99 before taxes.
Randy: And I don't want the SD channels, I have no need for them.
(01) Daneldred M.: I know how you feel concerning the price. Other customers were initially concerned that by receiving the latest in digital technology, they would be paying more, and receiving fewer channels. However, they have found that not only is DISH Network outperforming every other product in the industry but we are also one of the least, if not the least expensive.
(01) Daneldred M.: If you want, you can add Platinum HD to any of our TurboHD package.
Randy: Please address my question: why is FX HD in classic silver + HD, but not in TurboHD silver?
Randy: Or any turboHD package for that matter
(01) Daneldred M.: I apologize but the FX is not available with TurboHD package. I do not have the reason why it is not included with TurboHD package but what I recommend is that you can add Platinum HD to TurboHD to get FX in HD.
(01) Daneldred M.: PlatinumHD is only $10 additional to your TurboHD package monthly fee.
(01) Daneldred M.: How does that sound?
Randy: Platinum HD does not include FX HD
(01) Daneldred M.: The FX channel is already intruded in PlatinumHD. Please give me a moment to see if there is a link for the list of channels in our PlatinumHD.
(01) Daneldred M.: Let me correct myself.
(01) Daneldred M.: The FX channel is already included in PlatinumHD.
Randy: According to your own website, these are the stations in Platinum HD: * BET JAZZ
* CRIME & INVESTIGATION HD
* HDNET MOVIES
* MGM HD
* NBA TV HD
* NHL NETWORK HD
* UNIVERSAL HD
* World Fishing Network HD

(01) Daneldred M.: Thank you for waiting. I apologize but the link for our PlatinumHD is not yet updated. But I assure you that FX channel is already included in PlatinumHD add-on package.
(01) Daneldred M.: The FX channel is newly added HD channel in PlatinumHD package.
Randy: As that is *completely* different from what I've been told from many sources (satelliteguys.us for one) which says that FX HD and Speed TV have been added to Classic Silver HD only, while MAV TV, FashionTV, and one other were added to Platinum, I'll need some written or on-line proof of that.
(01) Daneldred M.: Please give me a moment to give you the correct list of the newly added channels in our PlatinumHD add-on package.
(01) Daneldred M.: Thank you for waiting. Here’s the complete list:
PlatinumHD add-on channel list:
ALTITUDE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD
COMAST SPORTS NETWORK NEW ENGLAND HD
COMCAST SPORTS NETOWRK BAY AREA HD
COMCAST SPORTS NETOWRK BAY AREA HD
COMCAST SPORTSNET CALIFORNIA HD
COX SPORTS TELEVISION NEW ORLEANS HD
BET Jazz HD
Crime& Investigation Channel HD,
FASHION TV HD
MGM HD,
HDNET Movies,
LOGO HD
NBA TV HD,
NEW ENGLAND SPORTS NETWORK HD
NHL Network HD,
SPEED CHANNEL, THE HD
SPORTSTIME OHIO HD
SPORTSNET NEW YORK HD
SPORTSOUTH HD
SUN SPORTS HD
Universal HD,
World Fishing Network HD.
Randy: Yes, Logo was the other one. Notice FX is not on that list
(01) Daneldred M.: I apologize for the inconvenience. Fox Sports channels or RSNETs, FX HD and MAVTV HD are newly added channel in PlatinumHD package.
Randy: One more time, FX IS NOT IN THAT LIST!!!!!!
(01) Daneldred M.: I know how you may feel but as I verified in my reference, FX HD is in PlatinumHD package.
Randy: Please show me where in the list that you just provided, is FX listed?
(01) Daneldred M.: I apologize but it is not available online. We have reference that has the latest updates of channels that are added on every package.
Randy: And when was this list supposedly last updated?
(01) Daneldred M.: Please give me one moment while I look that information up for you.
(01) Daneldred M.: Thank you for waiting. The channel has been updated last May 8th of 2009.
Randy: I'm afraid I will have ot find independent verification, thank you
[/FONT]

The information you get here is correct.

The information you get from Dish is a crap shoot. A big reason they keep losing subs

Contact CEO immediately!!!

I definately would send this transcript to the CEO at dishnetwork ,too see if they can get rid of this Idiot.I can assure you that FX is NOT available in TUrbo Silver or is it available in Platinum.They need to fire this CSR..

I definately would send this transcript to the CEO at dishnetwork ,too see if they can get rid of this Idiot.I can assure you that FX is NOT available in TUrbo Silver or is it available in Platinum.They need to fire this CSR..

The thing is, I didn't buy it from that CSR after that discussion either. So I did *another* online chat session and asked the same question. I got the same response. So then I call the toll-free number and asked the question *again*, and got the *same* response! Each time I asked if FX was available on the TurboHD plans, then asked *again* after explaining how I understood it from here. These were not misstatements, and they were very consistent.

So it's not a clueless CSR, because all 3 had the same info. Either they really did change the policy, or they've given incorrect info to the CSRs. I'm betting on the latter.

That's exactly it. I know the initial reaction is to jump on the "clueless CSR" here, but they aren't clueless. They are repeating exactly what they have been told. It is not their fault that a CSR or even multiple CSRs do not know what we know.

They are the symptoms.

Educating the CSR's is the problem, and that is completely broken.