Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Was just watching NCIS on USA Network and an add came on for FX advertising the show RESCUE ME.

This was a custom made ad for Dish Network as it mentions to watch FM on Dish Network channel 136 and there was also a graphic on the screen saying "Also available in FXHD"

Is this a hint? Or another April fools joke from Dish?

Seeing as how Damages just finished its season (a show I watch), I'm going to say its a hint and the channel will go live on Wednesday :) :) :)

Was just watching NCIS on USA Network and an add came on for FX advertising the show RESCUE ME.

This was a custom made ad for Dish Network as it mentions to watch FM on Dish Network channel 136 and there was also a graphic on the screen saying "Also available in FXHD"

That "also on FXHD" note was also included in a commercial meant for the national population, not just Dish subs. (you can catch that commercial on Fox News or other fox afflitated stations)

My guess is that they just didn't care to remove it when the ad was modified for dish. I wouldn't get excited.

Rescue Me in HD would make my year!

What would reruns in HD do for your 2010? Isn't Charlie on record as saying there would be no FX or Speed until the contract is up, and isn't that 2010?

OF course, that statement was made on the same Charlie Chat as the "Viacom HD by April 1", so who knows?

No Charlie said that their contract was up this Summer. He said this on the last Charlie Chat... (of course he also said the Viacom channels would be added by April 1st so who knows.)

What would reruns in HD do for your 2010? Isn't Charlie on record as saying there would be no FX or Speed until the contract is up, and isn't that 2010?

OF course, that statement was made on the same Charlie Chat as the "Viacom HD by April 1", so who knows?

I could have sworn he said this summer on the last chat.

S~

Where you watching it on Dish, Cable, or Direct?

FXHD would be a nice ad, saves me from getting Damages, Sons of Anarchy and Nip Tuck off Amazon VOD, but I'm not even going to worry about it. After the April 1st jerk around, Im not even gonna hope.

I've also seen other FX commercials, where they also say available in HD, so I wouldn't put too much stake in it.

Congrats dish, the only thing they are leading in right now is sub cancellations.

Same or same type commercial was on Directv a little while ago during Raw saying channel 248...
And FX is already in HD on Direct. I think it is just a standard commercial that is modified to add the channel number for that particular provider???