FYI Just upgraded my Hopper 1.0 to the New Hopper with Sling

Derek Lester

Original poster
Hey Everyone,

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but I thought I'd share my information with the group.

I got an original Hopper and Joey setup at my home on March 15th after reading that they were available to order, so I've had one since launch. And I love that thing, its great! But of course, I read the reports from CES about the faster Hopper with Sling, and couldn't help but feel a bit slighted since I hadn't had my current one even a full year. So I decided to contact DISH. I explained to them that I was interested in finding out what the upgrade path was to the new equipment, and to my surprise I was told that I could upgrade to the new equipment....for ZERO COST! So DISH has apparently a path available for people like me that were launch buy-ins to upgrade us to current hardware and not charge us!

Just FYI, hopefully it is the same for you!

The Hopper with Sling is not even going to be available until the 17th, so I think your going to be disapointed.

Unfortunately it sounds like an uninformed CSR to me.

Hey Everyone,

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but I thought I'd share my information with the group.

I got an original Hopper and Joey setup at my home on March 15th after reading that they were available to order, so I've had one since launch. And I love that thing, its great! But of course, I read the reports from CES about the faster Hopper with Sling, and couldn't help but feel a bit slighted since I hadn't had my current one even a full year. So I decided to contact DISH. I explained to them that I was interested in finding out what the upgrade path was to the new equipment, and to my surprise I was told that I could upgrade to the new equipment....for ZERO COST! So DISH has apparently a path available for people like me that were launch buy-ins to upgrade us to current hardware and not charge us!

They may have done it for you but just like current upgrades they will handle it on a customer to customer basis. If a customer that got the Hopper the same time as you called Dish up and tried getting the new Hopper for free but Dish saw that he had missed a payment or just had a bad account he should not qualify for it.

I would since I am told the Hopper with Sling isn't even in the order system yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

As far as I know it's not. Generally with a new release it does not show up in the ordering system until the day of the release and Dish has stayed pretty sonsistant with that.

Hey Everyone,

Is there anyone here who has had a Hopper for a year or more?

I would still like to find out if there is another plan for existing hopper upgrades being as though it is just a box swap.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I would still like to find out if there is another plan for existing hopper upgrades being as though it is just a box swap.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

What do you mean by another plan? Are you wondering if it would cheaper for someone if all they had to do was just swap it out? If so that would not be the case, the upgrade price would be the same regardless unless the loyalty department made an exception.

What do you mean by another plan? Are you wondering if it would cheaper for someone if all they had to do was just swap it out? If so that would not be the case, the upgrade price would be the same regardless unless the loyalty department made an exception.

From a technical question, is it just a swap from Hopper 1 to Hopper with sling or is there more to it as far as instalation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts