FYI Just upgraded my Hopper 1.0 to the New Hopper with Sling

Thanks, thought so but was not sure....would be great if you could pick up the new Hopper at your local Blockbuster :) if you are lucky to still have one close to you.

On a different note I have to give Dish credit our local Blockbuster has had a nice store upgrade with Dish/Hopper product placement, they are also hiring for a Dish sales person in store

Normal swap, nothing special.

That's what I thought, which is why I was looking for a different upgrade for existing hopper customers. 2 to 3 hundred seems a bit much for a simple swap that could be done by the customer.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

That's what I thought, which is why I was looking for a different upgrade for existing hopper customers. 2 to 3 hundred seems a bit much for a simple swap that could be done by the customer.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Yeah I'm not sure about the billing/process side of things. I think they may offer a shipped option but don't quote me on that.

I just called a 4 hours ago and spoke with the retentions department and the lady said no we can't swap it for the new one. I'd have to pay the upgrade price.

I just called a 4 hours ago and spoke with the retentions department and the lady said no we can't swap it for the new one. I'd have to pay the upgrade price.

It will be treated the same as a any upgrade regardless if it's just a swap. Same process that happened when people upgraded from the 622 to the 722. I would say it's the same as the upgrade from the 625 to the 622/722 but that required upgrading the dish antenna too.

Yes infact the new software for the new Hopper with Sling will be spooling starting tonight, I believe it is S3.00 which will spool for those receivers.

Hi, Everyone

I just upgraded to the new Hopper 2.0. And the remarkable thing is that Dish let me keep my existing 2 Hoppers 1.0 and 3 joeys. They only added the $7 dollars to my account for the new receiver plus charged my credit card $200 dollars. And I already verified it went through because I checked my account on Dish's website and it is already posted.

I was able to upgrade too. My situation was a little different, it was an hour after my install i found out about the Slopper. I had to talk to a manager in the customer retention department, explained what happened, and how I was told by 5 other CSR's over the course of 3 days of my install. I also explained that I would have waited to have service installed so I could get the new hopper. They originally knocked $100 off the $300 price. I was still nice and polite to the manager, and explained that I wasn't happy with how I was being treated by Dish in the first week of my service because of this. Inquired about canceling my service and going to Directv, and also explained that I was told I could cancel my service without penalty in the first 3 days, but every CSR i spoke with kept telling me that I would not have to pay anything to upgrade, and kept me as a customer past the 3 days. He did upgrade my equipment free of charge. He told me that he didn't want to start off our business relationship like this. He did tell me that they had to schedule an installer to come out, and he would pick up my old boxes so I wouldn't have to ship them back.

Crap, was kinda hoping they could change the boxes out for next to nothing, but I am not sure I want to dish 200 dollars for a receiver when I can just add the adapter.

DIRT, is there a way to get the sling hopper and replace the hopper 1.0 free of charge?

Thanks,
Josh D.

DIRT has to follow business rules so I'm sure they can't upgrade you at no cost. If they did then everyone else would expect the SAme thing and they aren't going to give out their newest product at no cost on the day it launches to the public.

DIRT has to follow business rules so I'm sure they can't upgrade you at no cost. If they did then everyone else would expect the SAme thing and they aren't going to give out their newest product at no cost on the day it launches to the public.

I understand, I guess I should have explained myself a little better. I too, upgraded two weeks ago and I would have waited if I knew a revised hopper was coming out. However, I am completely happy with my current hopper setup, so it isn't a big deal.

Thanks for the clarification,
Josh D.

I'm getting the new hopper this afternoon. I did not get it for free I tired but they gave it to me for 100.00 instead of 200 dollars.

So let me get this straight. I have a 922, 722K, and 211. I was thinking of upgrading to one hopper with sling, one regular hopper, and three joeys. Will I need a new dish also?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)