G-19?

Si.

Original poster
Nov 5, 2017
London Ontario Canada
I bought a small (30") ku dish to add to my c band set up. After much adjusting and fiddling to get G-19 all that will show up is channels called SRV numbers 1 to 7 . I have tried two receivers ( Manhatan rc 1978 and a Amico mini) also 2 LNB's with the same results. The frequencies listen on screen are not the same as in lyngsat. Checkecd Lyngsat to see if nearby birds carry these channels perhaps aimed at wrong satellite.? scratching my head , is this all I can expect from this set up? BTW located in london ontario

thank you ! you are right. it is pointed at 101. Apparently G-19 is hidden behind the huge maple tree near the house .
Shame. So close, yet so far, as they say. Can you move the dish at all? You shouldn't have to move it too far to bring it in since you can get 101W. Of course, depends on the size of the tree and where the interference is.

Reactions: FTA4PA
great thought . the tree is not going anywhere. To move the dish i have to dig up the post, dig a new hole , remount everything . might save it for a spring project.

In the meantime you could always try a portable mount such as a temporary pole attached to a weighted pallet.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
great thought . the tree is not going anywhere. To move the dish i have to dig up the post, dig a new hole , remount everything . might save it for a spring project.
Yeah, it's getting a bit cold to do much this year! Until then, you could leave it on 101W or re-point it to 103W (which, unfortunately will reach end of life next year) or try 117W, etc.

A short tripod (3 feet tall) is the way to go. A small 30" dish would sit nicely on this tripod and you can bang some spikes available at any hardware store into its feet to hold the tripod in one position. I gave up on pallets a couple of years ago once I tried these.

1m Motorized_crop_sm.jpg