G10 signal for "The Tube" transponder (11720 V 27692)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
posting for questic as the poll option is goofed for him

What is you signal quality on G10R 123W on the weaker Equity Channels (ie. TP - 11720 V )?

G10 seems to be one of the most popular sources for Ku programming in the Clark Belt and everyone is always comparing each others signal quality. So I thought this poll would be helpful to some out there who don't really know what kinda of signal quality they should/could be receiving.

Poll Options:

10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100% Yeah Right...

Please post your equipment setup as all receivers are different. If you have a spazmastic meter, give the average :)

66-68 On the CoolSat 4000 Pro, 26"x36" P* dish & 0.3 LNB. I get occational breakup. I'm hoping my 5' mesh solves this once and for all :).

average 48

Using a Pansat 1500, 30" Winegard and Xtreme .3 LNB
My Fortec gets a 58 with a 36" and .6 LNB and a 50 with the above setup

Just shows how different redceivers can show different meters :)

36" Offset .3db Invacom w/motor
Pansat 2500A - Newest software
Perfect LOS
South Carolina

Meter jumps from 29% to 40% but goes up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down.

Anyone who owns a pansat knows what I'm talking about. :)

yep. the old spazmastic meter

weird that with a 36" dish you have only a 29. I have a .6 LNB on my 36" and could pull a 40 with the Pansat 1500

Damn... and I thought I had it tuned in. I have noticed that according to conus maps I should be getting a great signal.

The 36" is getting an "attitude adjustment" when I get home :yes

questic
I'll check tonight on my 36" dish and see what it comes with and let you know

Im lucky to get a 41% at max, then it usually falls down to around 35% on a 31" fortec and a lifetime ultra receiver; maybe if i put up a 36" dish it would help bring it in

Thanks Iceberg.

I'm thinking I should be getting around 60%.

I just had a bad thought... I had 60-70Mph winds a couple months ago.

Anyway to check if dish is warped, if it is, the Desert Eagle has a new target :eek:

BANG! BANG! BANG!

This is after making adjustments...

I'm missing something :confused:

Attachments

• g10_signal.jpg
    g10_signal.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 219
Typically, I get between 45-50 in the daylight hours, and between 55-60 in the wee morning hours when I workout. That's on a Fortec Ultra, 36" (smaller) Direcpc dish, with an old .5 LNB.

It didn't get any better (and actually a little worse) with the .3 Invacom from my other (motorized) setup. I'm thinking the weaker LNB does a better job on this particular transponder because it doesn't pick up as much noise from the nearby DBS sat.

Doesn't matter, though... it's a fixed dish setup and I haven't seen a dropout of either audio or video since I put it up.

I can get 50-60 with my Coship CDVB 2300B and a Fortec .4 universal riding a 76cm Winegard. I use to have a .5 standard LNB but it no longer worked on this transponder. Seems like the signal got weaker this year, I dunno.

When I first installed my system, and pointed it at G10R (that is, when I finally found it).... I had a booming signal.. 60%! that was on a Fortec 80cm with a generic noname LNBF

Soon after, it dropped to 35-40% (with no changes)

Now, after fixing my motor, upgrading to a Fortec 90cm dish, and an Invacom.. I get 40-49%

If only I could go back in time, and relive that day of 60% goodness

Attachments

• DSC01874.jpg
    DSC01874.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 184
I got a meter on the way, should be here by the weekend...

Get er Done :yes

G10R Signal for TP 11720

On TP 11720 I am getting Quality of 86-97
Winegard 1m Dish with Invacom QPH-031 0.3dB and Stab HH90 rotor
Digiwave 7000 receiver

I peaked my dish on this transponder after peaking on another and not being able to watch this transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)