Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Its 310 eastern anybody having problems with g10 I'm getting sig but no quality

Thats what I get for trying to fine tune my dish. Should have left it alone

Thanks

That thought has run through my mind a hundred times.

Should I settle for good enough signal, or try and get just a little more?

Sometimes you lose what you have currently, but if you are persistent and patient, you can get all that back and more.

It is always worth the extra effort to tune the dish to get as much signal quality as you can possibly get. When you are finished, you can honestly say that you have tuned it as far as you can and there is no more gain to be gotten. :D

That is a good feeling to know that you have put all you can into it, and the rewards are worth the effort.

Just my opinion,

Fred

Got my New FTA system all setup and it ended up on the roof. I did set it all up on a board below where I was going to put it on the roof and then moved it. It hangs over the roof edge so all I need is my 12 foot ladder to get to all the adjustments. The install went well with a few 100 trips up and down the ladder for some fine tuning.

I have a very good signal about 70 to 73 from G10 and thats the best I can get. The quality is around 50 to 80 on the stronger transponders but I have others that come in at only 25 to 35 quality. Its working but just wanted to see if that is normal. Daystar and some of the RTN stations are the weak ones. I get a fine picture with no problems. Wanted to check and see before I start fine tuning more. I have tried a few times but just made things worst also.

I am in NE Oregon and the antenna is a Fortec 31" and a Viewsat ultra with a motor. I can get AMC6 (72W,not sure about any lower) all the way over to Echostar 148W. A few like SBS6 come and go I found. Today I can not find SBS6.

I want to thank many of the folks here for all the help.

Are you sure you have a clear view of G10? The #s are going to be a bit different for all of us, but Daystar is one of the stronger channels on g10 for me. I think you should be able to get ONN on SBS6, sounds like you might have the tracking not quite peaked.

Turbosat

It has a good clear view, I think its off a bit also but not sure as to what yet. The mount may have got off level. Up and down on the elevation has not helped any.
I will check it.

The ultra seems to work ok, it will not lock on each bird everytime. I have to fine tune it often. I see where this has been a viewsat issue....should have got the fortec..

seems like the 11800 transponder is running low right now. On my Pansat 1500 its at 32-35 or so...11720 is at 60+

Coolsat shows 66 on 11800 TP....73 on the 11720 Tp

Same here, I read were if the weathers bad at the uplink site then G10 will also come in week.

Good to find out it was not just me here. I do not plan on doing any more adjustments for now. Just not happy with the VS Ultra changing its mind so often at each satellite, makes it hard for setting up.

That thought has run through my mind a hundred times.

Should I settle for good enough signal, or try and get just a little more?

Sometimes you lose what you have currently, but if you are persistent and patient, you can get all that back and more.

It is always worth the extra effort to tune the dish to get as much signal quality as you can possibly get. When you are finished, you can honestly say that you have tuned it as far as you can and there is no more gain to be gotten. :D

That is a good feeling to know that you have put all you can into it, and the rewards are worth the effort.

Just my opinion,

Fred

And then a HIGH win hits it . :-(

Wyr

Besides being an anal retentive perfectionist, I always take the time to do extra tweaking, because that last bit of signal is what you are going to need the night that the big game is on, its storming outside, and Directv/DISH/BEV/Whatever you sub to, decides not to carry the game.

Happens every time.:cool:

I for the life of me can not tune in g10r. I do get dishes 121 next to it with a quality around 50 percent. I just don't get it.

You may not be peaked on 121w... 50 quality is somewhat low for that bird, since it is optimized for the smaller Superdishes.

Once you peak on 121w, move your dish to the west VERY VERY slowly (actually, hardly at all... just until the quality goes down to nearly nothing). Blind scan, and you should have G-10R :)

Just to satisfy your worries......next time you see the signal down on G10, check the current radar and see if Little Rock is having a thunderstorm. More than likely, you'll see they're having bad weather and your signal problem will correct itsself when the storm passed Little Rock.

Harold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)