G16 to replace G4R this weekend

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I believe this weekend G16 is to replace G4R.
http://www.panamsat.com/global_network/galaxy_16.asp

Galaxy 16 joins our fleet as the 11th satellite now covering the U.S., and will take over for Galaxy 4R as a broadcast, high-definition and data powerhouse.

A Loral FS 1300 Omega 2 series satellite, Galaxy 16 took off from the equator on a Sea Launch rocket. With its 24 C-band and 24 Ku-band payloads, Galaxy 16 will be home to the leading names in television such as: ABC, Comcast, FOX Broadcasting, Warner Bros., Buena Vista and Televisa as well as major customers such as National Public Radio (NPR) and Hughes Network Systems (HNS).

Galaxy 16's launch gave customers our trademark reliability and flexibility, with on-time satellite replacement to ensure continual service, two in-orbit spares and a ground spare ready for launching in 4Q 2006. We offer customers the industry’s best back-up plan with its unequaled restoration service.

:confused: this is good for us right? i haven't heard much about this yet. I'm in the dark. in fact sometimes i fell like a mushroom. kept in the dark and feed bull sh*t! i don't mean you or this topic i just mean in general lol

Hughes.net problems since launch. My signal strength in Florida went from 86 to 54 since last month. I called Hughes customer service and asked about changes in satellites. CS reps claim that there have been no changes. I have replaced, my 7000 modem, LNB, cables, reformatted my computer, and even changed the plastic dish. still strength of 54. My neighbor upgraded to the 1.1 meter dish and a larger LNB and said he was switched to sat IA8 with signal strangth of 90 but regular outages. What other sats does hughes have that I can get on? I heard that Satmex is good. In July, I was getting consitent downloads of 1000kbps and upload speeds of 200kbps; which is as advertised for my package.

Help Please??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)