Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
Help!!!
Got my WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring today. Made a huge difference on G16. On analog getting Shepard's Chapel and feeds perfect, no sparkles. On digital getting LeSea network at 80 strength and 70-75 quality. But still not getting the island network stations, WVXF-WPRU-WVGN-WSJX-WSJP. Makes no sense at all. :rant:

When then are blind scanned, how do they show up in the channel menu?? I am getting 5 stations on a transponder and they show up as GDMUX. That's not them is it?? Getting only audio with no pics. Using a Traxis 3500.

Those 5 channels are not them, the reason you get audio and no video is because they are in 4:2:2 , if you have a computer tuner you can watch them.

Did you try manually entering the transponder and scanning it?

Those 5 channels are not them, the reason you get audio and no video is because they are in 4:2:2 , if you have a computer tuner you can watch them.
Thanks, I didn't think that was them, just wanted to be sure.
But still can't figure out why those island channels are avoiding me.
Good grief, Lesea at 80 strength and not a peep out of the channels I'm after.

"Did you try manually entering the transponder and scanning it?"
Yep!

you may have to move the dish a little east or west

the other thing is try and push the LNB in closer to the dish

WVXF-WPRU-WVGN-WSJX-WSJP should scan in as "no name." They are there. I watch Sada Badnerinwa :heart:heart:heart every night at 5pm on the WABC news on WPRU.
Ok they scan as 'no names', I'll know what to look for, thanks. Tomorrow is another day and will take another crack at it.
How strong does Lesea come in for you? On my Traxis 3500 I get 80S and say 72 Quality. That better than most of my KU stuff.
Also Lyngsat says they are Horizonal, is that right?

you may have to move the dish a little east or west

the other thing is try and push the LNB in closer to the dish
Wow, I went east and west and up and down and skewed myself into the ground, but not giving up.

I peaked the WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring and the LNB using the LeSea signal.

yes they are horizontal

also since you are using a smaller dish (1.2 I assume) You may have to compensate one signal to gain another. You mention 75 quality on WHT but 0 for the nets. I had same issue and I learned to compensate. On my 1.2m dish I had HIGHER results on Nets versus World Harvest

see attached

Attachments

• 100_0203.jpg
    100_0203.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_0209.jpg
    100_0209.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 189
yes they are horizontal

also since you are using a smaller dish (1.2 I assume) You may have to compensate one signal to gain another. You mention 75 quality on WHT but 0 for the nets. I had same issue and I learned to compensate. On my 1.2m dish I had HIGHER results on Nets versus World Harvest

see attached
Starting at 0 for the nets, I can only go up! :)
I was at it all day. I quit when I started yelling at innocent insects.
I went east & west till the Lesea sig dropped to 50 and still got nothing.
Lots of variables here: LNB placement-azimuth-longitude- skew-Conical Scalar Ring setting- whew guess if this was easy then everybody would be doing it. I will update tomorrow if not locked away somewhere.

Oh , the Conical Scalar Ring is doing great, turned my 44 inch dish into a 6 footer. :up

Those gmax channels are 4:2:2

They have a lot of advanced showings of those syndicated shows (like what we would see on 9, 23, 29).

As an example, one of the channels shows Maury tonight at 9:00 Central...its the same one that the "regular" folks will see on Friday (or Thursday I forget)

i see the gdmux when i scan
but i never see any thing
Thanks, the thought had crossed my mind that just maybe I had to use a different receiver to get them. Glad to find out that GDMUX is not what I'm looking for.

Those gmax channels are 4:2:2

They have a lot of advanced showings of those syndicated shows (like what we would see on 9, 23, 29).

As an example, one of the channels shows Maury tonight at 9:00 Central...its the same one that the "regular" folks will see on Friday (or Thursday I forget)
Well we certainly aren't "regular" here on this forum. :)
One question and I will be ready for tomorrow. Lesea and the networks are both horizonal, right?

regular would mean folks with an antenna, cable, satellite etc :)

Those feeds the local stations get, drop their commercials in there, then show on the day it says to show it

regular would mean folks with an antenna, cable, satellite etc :)

Those feeds the local stations get, drop their commercials in there, then show on the day it says to show it
Regular is boring! :)

Reread the posts and you already answered my horizontal question, thanks.

The saga continues!
Used Iceberg's numbers I found in the pic he posted to create a new transponder. LyngSat's numbers were different.. Moved the LNB as far in as I could get it and the Conical Scalar Ring as far back as I could get it. The channels popped in. :) Loaded up as channels 1 to 5. Still was getting 10% pixels. :mad: LeaSea network dropped a ton but not worried about them anyway. Still no pixels on them, they really got their act together. Storms moved in and had to quit.
Got the dish sitting on the ground and leaning on cinder blocks. Something I've never considered before is, would it help if I got the dish a foot or so OFF the ground? I still need to lose that 10%!

Got a clean view of G16 so that's not it. It rained all day here so no chance to try anything. Never thought about it before but could having the dish right on the ground attenuate the signal some?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)