G19/97W 12053 V 22000 cutting out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Other TPs seem fairly stable. This one cuts out, then comes back intermittently. Any one else experiencing this?

I'm not in a position to check right now, but, I just wanted to say, (and this may be coincidental) that I was testing a new receiver/firmware combo yesterday and every time I scanned that satellite, that mux and that mux alone didn't scan in with any channel names, just SID numbers. (Don't read too much into that unless someone else confirms it -- this was an Enigma system and it's not exactly bug-free.)

That tp has Jewish News and Press TV. It is always solid here, in general. I can't check right now since I pulled my RG-6 out in frustration today due to the poor quality crappy connectors I found on it. Do you need to bump your dish just a bit either way? I do find you need to compromise on dish orientation for Galaxy 19 so you can get all of the many transponders.

This is using a 33" dish so the TP may just be dropping below reception threshold but it seems to do so rather suddenly and then back just as suddenly. Havn't checked the adjacent satellites for a conflicting signal (causing interference) which may be the culprit. An intermittent news feed could be a possibility... Partly cloudy with high humidity today...
Normal signal on this dish/receiver setup on this TP is around 75Q, drops to zero. Other TPs seem to be fine when this happens.
Might have time to check into this with my home setup today.

Hmmm... Jewish News & PressTV (Iran?)... on the same transponder... maybe they are jamming each other's signal?

Just tested this TP on my home system, comes in fine and stable on the 36" dish at 9:15am.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Jewish News & PressTV (Iran?)... on the same transponder... maybe they are jamming each other's signal?
LOL - - Watched the TP for a while yesterday and again now. Don't see any issues with Q. Solid 71 on a 30 inch w/S9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts