G3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have a question about getting programming on G3, Ican get a few things like some horse racing channels, INN news, some infocomerical channel but cannot get the channels others can get. I was getting some asistance from someone and he "make sure LNB is set at 5150 for C-band" I have no idea what he means. Any suggestions. What all are you guys getting on G3 c-band? I have a traxis 2500 and a 10' dish with 920 4dtv. Thank you for your help.

Scott,

I am sorry I haven't got back with you. I have had some things come up and have been very busy this week. The Buffalo station you were asking about is WNGS, it's on G3, C band and G10 Ku band.

I know you don't have a manual for your Traxis and I think that's 99% of your problems. Go to this site, http://www.mpeg2fta.com/traxis_dbs_2500.htm , it has a manual for the 2500, print it and read it until you are blue in the face, it will be easier for you to understand if you read this than it would be for me to try and explain it, then post your questions on this site. As I told you, I don't know much about that receiver, but I know there are members on this site that do. After you read the manual you will have more knowledge and will be able to ask specific questions. That will make answering them much easier.

Tony,

If you know anything about the Traxis 2500, please jump in and help Scott out. I have been helping him for quite awhile now, but we haven't made much progress. You know me, I can take something that is as clear as water and mud it up real quick. Anyone else that has a Traxis 2500, jump in here and help this guy out, he is struggling and I feel that it is our responsibility to get him lined out so he can start enjoying the great televison that he deserves.

I figured out what the 5150 is (or at least I think I did). Its on antenna installation and the 3rd one down. It is on 5150. I am rescanning now to see if more come up. the freq signals in the 3900's are real strong. I can't get any signal acknowledgement on 3840 or 4040. I just scanned and it saved 11 channels, all labeled SNG and all of them blank, though it doesn't note them as scrambled. The only freq. that saved were in the 3900's. One of the blank channels came in at 85% signal strength. What are you guys getting on G3C? My goal is to get Buffalo and then be able to get the Phillies/Giants game tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Sounds like you are getting there. The Buffalo statiion is WNGS at FR 4040, SR 29120. Try making a manual entry. Sometimes a scan will miss thing and when it's entered mannually it comes in.

Are you sure about the Phillies/Giants on the Buffalo station? They only do Yankee, Met and Indian gamess

Here are some thoughts

WNGS isn't Fox. Its an independent station that has some Yanks, Mets & Indians games (the ones that are OTA) but mainly is an Independent.

The Equity mux has a high FEC (7/8) which pretty much means you need a very strong signal (and be nuts on) to get it stable. It is at
H

I know on my Fortec, the symbol rate scanned in at 29110. Since the TRaxis 2500 doesn't have blind scan, I would try and monkey with the frequency & symbol rate. Try +-10 on both.

I havent personally had a Traxis 2500 but I have worked with a couple. I know for a fact that the frequency can be off to get a quality. To use an example, this particular channel I was trying t lock for the person was at say 12050. That's what my Pansat 1500 locked it on. When I hooked up the traxis, the frequency was 12046. It WOULD NOT lock on 12050. That's how touchy it is.

What I have a feeling is its a combination of a couple things
-dish not alligned right. If its a smidge off you won't get those channels. I have a fixed dish and if I have them locked and lean into the dish I will lose the channels.
-The Traxis isnt the most user friendly mainly because of no blind scan.

Just a stupid question...since the 4DTV is hooked up, you do have it set to H polarity, right?? Also, try and adjust the skew on the dish. A little bit may go a long way :)

The Traxis isnt the most user friendly mainly because of no blind scan.

That's the problem I have with the Quali TV 1080, no blind scan. I find something in HD or 4:2:2 on the Satworks, but the 1080 won't read it and I spend half the evening jacking with numbers. I thought this would be simple, scan with the 3618, enter the numbers in the Q and watch TV, but it doesn't work like that. Only once have I found something with the 3618 and have the 1080 accept it.

on G3 there are a bunch of feeds that usually are just black screen (they're for the Roberts Horse Racing thing). 99% show as SNG

I guess that proves I am on the correct satellite and getting some of what I suppose to, with strong signal strength. Due to the constant problems I am having since I got the satellite and FTA, would I be best off just getting another FTA system? I might be moving in a few weeks and will have to hire someone to move the dish and rehook up everything. I've been told I am missing free programming by having 4dtv 920 instead of 922, may look at changing that also.

Scott
Can you get ANY H polarity channels on the FTA box? I know alot of those "SNG" are vetical polarity

I thought that would be an easy question to answer for you, but now I am not sure. I tried rescanning G3 on 4dtv trans.11 and then did it again on trans.12 and both time it saved 7 SNG and 3 user add. Both times there is one channel that has a picture and it just says Roberts Communications. I thought on other satellites though the H and V seem to be following what it should when I can actually find something. I have tried tweeking the dish left and right and had the wife go out to try the up and down. Nothing is working to get equity or the SF locals. I can't even get INN now.

The level quality on the equity mux 4040 is at 75% about the highest I have seen, but quality never moves from 00%.

Still am wondering if I need to look into another receiver since there are so many problems with traxis 2500.

Are you leaving the 920 powered on while using the FTA receiver? I know this caused me no end of frustration until others here pointed out that you need to keep the 4dtv on to control polarity.

I thought that would be an easy question to answer for you, but now I am not sure. I tried rescanning G3 on 4dtv trans.11 and then did it again on trans.12 and both time it saved 7 SNG and 3 user add. Both times there is one channel that has a picture and it just says Roberts Communications. I thought on other satellites though the H and V seem to be following what it should when I can actually find something. I have tried tweeking the dish left and right and had the wife go out to try the up and down. Nothing is working to get equity or the SF locals. I can't even get INN now.

The level quality on the equity mux 4040 is at 75% about the highest I have seen, but quality never moves from 00%.

Still am wondering if I need to look into another receiver since there are so many problems with traxis 2500.

The SF locals are now missing on G3. I think they moved again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)