GAL 16 c-band WVXF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
SDAK
Is anybody picking up this station--WVXF-TV (CBS - St. Thomas)?
I am using 3845 H and 12296 but unable to receive anything on that transponder.
I am using a 10 ft dish.

Thanks, bob

OK, thanks for the info.
I will give it a try.
I am wondering if maybe the LNB is not picking up the H and only doing the vertical.

OK, I deleted the channels and tried another scan and still unable to pick up anything on Gal 16.

So I switched to the BUD system(NTSC) to make sure that I was pulling in The shepherds channel on TP 16 and got a good picture on that.
So now back to some basics in the FTA Ant. setup using the C-Band lnb, what LNB type should I have showing NORMAL or LNBF?

if you are getting shepherds chapel thats on Vertical...need to be on H

see if you can get World Harvest

4000 H 26400

OK, I might have gotten this partially figured out. Looks like my servo motor not switching between H and V. I turned the lnb about a 20 degree turn and got the V channels on the FTA.
I also used the ant. setup using LNBF and was able to get about 7 channels but then switched it to Normal and was able to pickup about 13 along with some radio stations.
One other question, does it make a difference when you are mounting the lnb to the dish as to something pointing up or down? As long as your servo motor is working, isn't that suppose to automatically tune in the channel?

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)