Gal 18 @ 123*W KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Does anyone know if icebergs tr. (G18 AKA G10)-12114 V 4580 ) is hot for this sat? For that matter does anyone have any hot KU transponders I can try for Gal 18? I can't seem to get any Ku off that bird. It's only that bird though. C band is strong. I used to be able to get it when it had all those RTN channels. I went out and eyed up the tree in the distance, thinking maybe it had grown out into the way but, the feedhorn shot to the sky looks clear. I'm puzzled. :confused:

It still is up last I checked which was last night

otherwise you can use 11731 H 13240

Thanks for the fast response. I don't get it. I'm not seeing even a blip. If I had trouble with other sats, I'd understand??

I get the C band 4177 H 20000 TR. just fine 88% I then change my antenna settings to check for ku and nothing on KU. I bump the dish left and right. Nothing

I think I have figured this out. Since it's overcast today, I'm able to see the TV through my window while at the dish. I went out and pulled up the bottom center of the dish and the quality shot up. I then took the dish to 72*W and brought up a known hot TR. I was getting pretty good quality there but, pulling up the center got me a few more pts of quality yet approx 8-10. This makes sense because here in Illinois the farther west my dish is, the more weight is hanging out there. It's a 10 foot mesh. I then went to a center TR. 101*W Once again I was able to go from about mid 70's to mid 80's by lifting up the center of the dish at the bottom.

I would guess then that a little elevation adjustment should do the trick??? I wouldn't think I would mess with declination since elevating up helps at each end of the arc as well as the center?

Maybe I should be asking this in the C band forum?

nah this area is fine.

I know after I put my 30" dish back up I had to mess with the elevation on the dish a little bit. I had same issues as you did and pushing up on the bottom of the dish did the trick

Thanks for the help Ice. I went out and made the elevation adjustments. I am now getting 12114 V 4580 at 93-99 % on the pansat 9200. The Azbox shows it at 82% I've always noticed the pansat meter fluctuates. Sometimes as much as 10 pts. The Azbox holds more steady. Only a pt or 2 fluctuation, when it does fluctuate.

I guess I need to remember that once in a while a little fine tuning is necessary. That's a pretty big dish out there taking on sometimes alot of wind.

The azbox I dont think goes above 85 on the meter....I've yet to see that high. Even on G16 the GDMX mux (3820) the GeosatPro goes to 95 yet the azbox says 82

The azbox I dont think goes above 85 on the meter....I've yet to see that high. Even on G16 the GDMX mux (3820) the GeosatPro goes to 95 yet the azbox says 82

Oh no kiddin? Now that you say that, I don't think I've seen mine get higher either. Perhaps that's why it seems like sometimes it can hold signals with a very low quality. Maybe it's actually 10-15 pts higher than I thought? Good catch.

each receiver is different. My Pansat seems to have the most "true" meter of all of them. I know the 9200 the minimum is 40 quality but on my older 1500 & 2500's its 30.
Coolsat 5000 on original software wont budge above 82-85 and 63 is threshold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)